Evan Esar (1899–1995) was an American humorist.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Many a man who falls in love with a dimple make the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
(Esar's Comic Dictionary)
- America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.
- Walking isn't a lost art—one must, by some means, get to the garage.
- It is the uncensored sense of humor...which is the ultimate therapy for man in society.
- After wisdom comes wit.
- God help the nation where self-caricature and satire are verboten.