Eva de la Caridad Méndez (born March 5, 1974), known professionally as Eva Mendes, is an American actress, model and businesswoman.
- I wanted to go into art history. Acting fell into my lap when a neighbor took pictures of me and showed them to an agent.
- "Drop...Dead...Gorgeous...". Maxim. February 2007. Retrieved on 2007-01-23.
- I don't believe in the institution of marriage, for me. If you love somebody and have a commitment that is strong and spiritual, then I just don't think a piece of paper makes any difference. I'm part of that whole school of thought that says when homosexuals can get married, maybe I'll start opening my mind to it.
- "Eva Mendes: Fun Fearless Female of the Year". Cosmopolitan. February 2007. Retrieved on 2007-03-08.
- I love animals, but I hadn’t had a pet since I was a kid. I recently got a dog and he’s not only made me a happier girl—he’s made me much more sympathetic to animal rights. I look at my beautiful dog and think, “Of course I’d never eat him or skin him for his fur, so why would I be okay with eating a cow or wearing a cheetah?” It’s just not right. It’s a contradiction. … I don’t think you can force people to change their attitudes, but you can help to educate them and to lead by example. … There are way too many amazing faux fur options out there for people to still be wearing real fur. I want people to know that there are options; that killing a poor animal and wearing it isn’t cool. But respecting all life forms is cool. Very cool.
- "Eva Mendes Reveals All". PETA. 6 December 2007. Retrieved on 2018-02-13.