Ernest Goes to Camp
1987 film by John R. Cherry III
Ernest Goes to Camp is a 1987 movie starring Jim Varney as the popular TV commercial character Ernest P. Worrell as he tries to be a camp counselor.
- Directed by John R. Cherry III. Written by John R. Cherry III and Coke Sams.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [Nurse St. Cloud gives Ernest a shot]
- Ernest: I did it! I took the Lindbergh baby! I am Josef Mengele! Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
- [Jake is trying to get Ernest to taste his "Eggs erronious"]
- Jake: Now Ernest, would someone dressed up like this lie to you about food?
- Ernest: Fond as I am in Tibetian cooking, a hungry lion always hunts best. KnowhatImean?
- [Counselor Stennis is sitting in a lifeguard perch and is about to teach the boys a swimming lesson.]
- Counselor Stennis: Okay. Everybody to the line. All right, everybody in the water.
- [Everyone jumps in the water except for Moustafa]
- Some boys: Hey! C'mon, Moose!
- Counselor Stennis: Moustafa, Moose, whatever they call you. NOW! So you're the only one who can't swim? Well, you're gonna learn the Stennis way.
- Moustafa: No! NO! I can't swim!
- [Too late; Stennis picks up Moustafa and drops him into the water]
- Moustafa: [sinking fast] Help! Somebody help!
- [Ernest saves Moustafa from drowning]
- Moustafa: Thanks, Ernest. I could of made it.
- Ernest: Glad to help out.
- Counselor Stennis: Well, meatheads, we're gonna try this again. This time it's to the end of the lake and back. Everybody in the water.
- [The boys topple Stennis' lifeguard perch into the water]
- Counselor Stennis: [in severe agony] My leg! My leg!
- Danny: He’s learning to swim the Stennis way!
- [The boys laugh at Stennis' expense]
- Counselor Stennis: My leg! Aah!
- Mr. Tipton Ernest, Have you had any leadership experience?
- Ernest: I had an antfarm once.
- Mr. Tipton: Close enough.
- Nurse St. Cloud: And that was the ceremony of the Blade, the Stone and the Arrow.
- Ernest: Like in our culture: Paper, Rock, Scissors.
- [last lines]
- Mr. Tipton: What happened?
- Chief St. Cloud: Ernest broke the sign.
- Mr. Tipton: Well. At least no one was hurt.
- Jim Varney - Ernest P. Worrell
- Victoria Racimo - Nurse St. Cloud
- John Vernon - Sherman Krader, the Head of the "Krader Mining Company"
- Iron Eyes Cody - Old Indian 'Chief St. Cloud'
- Lyle Alzado - Bronk Stinson, Krader's Foreman
- Gailard Sartain - Jake (Chef #1)
- Daniel Butler - Eddie (Chef #2)
- Patrick Day - Bobby Wayne
- Scott Menville - Crutchfield
- Danny Capri - Danny Simpson
- Jacob Vargas - Butch "Too Cool" Vargas
- Todd Loyd - Chip Ozgood
- Hakim Abdulsamad - Moustafa "Moose" Hakeem Jones
- Eddy Schumacher - Counselor Ross Stennis
- Richard Speight, Jr. - Brooks
- Andy Woodworth - Pennington
- Buck Ford - Attorney Elliott Diate
- Larry Black - Mr. Tipton, the Head Counselor of Kamp Kikikee
- Hugh Sinclair - Counselor Sparks
- Johnson West - Counselor Puckett
- Jean Wilson - State Supervisor
- Ivan Green - Mr. Stewart
- Christian Haas - Molly Stewart
- Brenda Haynes - Mrs. Stewart
- Ernest Goes to Camp quotes at the Internet Movie Database