Elias Hiam Lindo
Elias Hiam Lindo (died 1865) was a British historian.
|This article about a historian is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- No science is more worthy of cultivation and encouragement than that which, calculating time by the aid of Astronomy, adjusts the results of observations thus obtained to the ordinary use and instruction of man.
- A Jewish Calendar for Sixty-Four Years (1838)
- He falsely asserted that Jews hated Christians so much that they never met them without ejaculating curses on their heads, thus pretending that the bigotry and intolerance of the Jews was equal to those qualities inherent in the breasts of Dominican friars.
- Of Dominican friar Nicholas de Valencia
- The Jews of Spain and Portugal (1848) pp57-8