1996 film by Bill Couturié
Ed is a 1996 American sports comedy film about a talented baseball pitcher and his friendly ball-playing chimpanzee as his team's mascot.
- Directed by Bill Couturié. Produced by Rosalie Swedlin and Bill Finnegan. Screenplay by David Mickey Evans. Story by Ken Richards and Janus Cercone
Minor league. Major friendship.
Jack "Deuce" CooperEdit
- I am going to spank that monkey!
- [to a spider] Hey Charlotte, where's Wilbur? [cut to his mom serving up ham] Wilbur, mom you didn't.
- [as Ed's trying to get in the house pretending to need the bathroom] How dumb do I look? You wanted to play hardball remember? There's a sandbox down there so go pee your socks off, and quit banging on the door. [closes the door and Ed breaks it down] What the...?
- Lydia: Two fingers is a curve ball, right?
- Jack: That's a peace sign, I think.
- Stats: You play major league?
- Jack: No.
- Stats: Minor league?
- Jack: No.
- Stats: Anybody ever see you play?
- Jack: My mom.
- [Ed complains about the bat being too big]
- Tipton: Sorry Ed, we don't carry baseball bats your size.
- [Ed bites off the end]
- Chubb: [laughing] We do now.
- Minor league. Major friendship.
- Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.
- Matt LeBlanc as Jack "Deuce" Cooper.
- Jay Caputo and Denise Cheshire as Ed.
- Jayne Brook as Lydia.
- Doren Fein as Liz.
- Jack Warden as Chubb.
- Bill Cobbs as Tipton.
- Jim Caviezel as Dizzy.
- Jim O'Heir as Art.
- Steve Eastin as Shark's Manager.
- Brad Hunt as Carnie.