Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
1980 erotic crime thriller film directed by Brian De Palma
- Directed and written by Brian De Palma.
Dr. Robert ElliottEdit
- Doctor, I am not paranoid. Bobbi was making threats over the phone. She said she's going to hurt me. My patient was slashed to death. And now my razor is gone. Now you don't have to be a detective to figure it out, do you?
- Don't make me be a bad girl again!
- [on Elliott's answering machine] This is Bobbi. You won't see me anymore, so I thought I'd have a little session with your machine. Oh Doctor, I'm so unhappy. I'm a woman trapped inside a man's body - and you're not helping me to get out! So I got a new shrink, Levy's his name, he's gonna sign the papers so I can get my operation. Oh... I borrowed your razor... and - well, you'll read all about it. Some blonde bitch saw me, but I'll get her.
- Thank god, straight fucks are still in style!
- Dr. Elliott: How are things going with you and Mike?
- Kate Miller: Fine.
- Dr. Elliott: Good.
- Kate Miller: [considering for a moment] No, they're not fine. What a stupid word that is. He gave me one of his wham-bang specials today and I'm mad at him. Isn't that right? Shouldn't I be mad at him?
- Dr. Elliott: Yeah. Did you tell him?
- Kate Miller: Of course not. I moaned with pleasure at his touch - isn't that what every man wants?
- Dr. Elliott: I don't know. Is it?
- Kate Miller: Don't start that stuff with me.
- Kate Miller: Maybe there's something wrong with me.
- Dr. Elliott: There's nothing wrong with you.
- Kate Miller: Do you find me attractive?
- Dr. Elliott: Of course.
- Kate Miller: Would you want to sleep with me?
- Dr. Elliott: Yes.
- Kate Miller: Then why don't you?
- Dr. Elliott: Because I love my wife, and sleeping with you isn't worth jeopardizing my marriage. Is it worth it to you?
- Kate Miller: I don't know.
- Liz Blake: Do you want to fuck me?
- Dr. Elliott: Oh, yes.
- Liz Blake: Then why don't you?
- Dr. Elliott: Because I'm a doctor and...
- Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of doctors.
- Dr. Elliott: ...and I'm married.
- Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of them, too.
- Liz Blake: I'm sorry, am I bothering you?
- Hood #1: Naw, you ain't bothering me.
- Hood #2: But you're bothering ME.
- Hood #1: You say she's bothering you?
- Hood #2: That's right, this bitch is bothering me.
- Hood #1: Well, what you gonna do 'bout that?
- Hood #2: I'm gonna kick her ass.
- Peter Miller: Look, Liz, I've got to get home and get to work.
- Liz Blake: Gee, I'm gonna miss having you on my tail. You made me feel kind of safe.
- Peter Miller: Want to come home with me? I'd love the company.
- Liz Blake: Wouldn't Mike mind?
- Peter Miller: Mike's out of town on a business trip. We've got plenty of room.
- Liz Blake: Great. I could sure use the vacation.
- Peter Miller: Good, good. I'll get the check.
- The latest fashion in murder.
- Every nightmare has a beginning...This one never ends.
- Michael Caine - Dr. Robert Elliott/Bobbi
- Angie Dickinson - Kate Miller
- Nancy Allen - Liz Blake
- Keith Gordon - Peter Miller
- Dennis Franz - Detective Marino
- David Margulies - Dr. Levy
- Ken Baker - Warren Lockman
- Susanna Clemm - Betty Luce
- Brandon Maggart - Cleveland Sam
- William Finley - the voice of Bobbi