Dreamer (2005 film)
2005 American family drama film
- Teacher: Cale Crane?
- Cale: Yes, ma'am?
- Teacher: Are you working on your creative writing assignment?
- Cale: Yes, ma'am.
- Teacher: What's your story about?
- Cale: It's about a king; in his castle... And a magic horse.
- Palmer: Okay... I've found my other pocket. Alright, you listen to me. This is your last chance. I have certified check for $100,000... and if you take this offer, I'll give your dad his job back. Can't believe it, Crane's finally won one.
- Cale: [takes the check and looks back at her dad] Dad?
- Ben: If it was me, I'd tell him to take his money and his empty trailer and get the hell off our farm. But... that's just me...
- Cale: So, you're running the big colt Golaith's Boy in the classic?
- Palmer: That's right. Golaith's Boy is the favorite. And when he wins the cup, it'll be my fifth horse of the year.
- Cale: Do you think Golaith's Boy remembers what Sonya's butt looks like?
- Palmer: Why?
- Cale: Because that's all he's going to be seeing of her on race day.
- Cale: I like him.
- Ben: Her... I like her too.
- Ben: She was a good horse, Cale. I'm going to miss her, too.
- Cale: Oh, please don't treat me like a little kid. You should try to get some of your money back. I get it, it's business.
- Ben: That's right, it is. But I wasn't trying to sell Sonya, okay?
- Cale: You lied to me. You said I'd always have Soñador. You stood right there and said it, but you raced her and she got claimed.
- Ben: Well. Welcome to the world of horse racing, Cale! Where everything doesn't end up the way you want it to.
- Cale: She wasn't for sale!
- Ben: Every race horse, everywhere in the world, right now, is for sale! Get it?!
- Cale: She wasn't just some race horse. She was *our* horse.