1936 film by Lambert Hillyer
Dracula's Daughter is a 1936 film about a Hungarian countess who seeks the aid of a noted psychiatrist, in hopes of freeing herself of a mysterious evil influence.
- Directed by Lambert Hillyer. Written by Garrett Fort.
She gives you that weird feeling! taglines
Countess Marya ZaleskaEdit
- Be thou exorcised oh Dracula, and thy body long undead find destruction throughout eternity in the name of thy dark unholy Master. In the name of the oh holiest and through this cross be the evil spirit cast out until the end of time
- Her pulse is weak Dr. Garth... Growing weaker. All your skill can't help her now. She's under a spell that can be broken only by me... or death.
- Possibly there are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your psychiatry, Mr. Garth.
- You know, this is the first woman's flat I've been in that didn't have at least 20 mirrors in it.
- Dr. Garth: Where's Janet?
- Countess Marya Zaleska: Safe - so far.
- Dr. Garth: If you've harmed her...
- Countess Marya Zaleska: You're not in London now Doctor Garth with your police. You're in Transylvania in my castle.
- Countess Marya Zaleska: Sandor, look at me. What do you see in my eyes?
- Sandor: Death.
- Lady Esme Hammond: Sherry, Marya?
- Countess Marya Zaleska: Thank you, I never drink... wine.
- Dr. Garth: [on the phone] Yes? Dr.Garth speaking. Well who is this? What do you want?
- Janet Blake: [in a false German accent] Please come right away. This is the zoo speaking.
- Dr. Garth: The what? The zoo?
- Janet Blake: Ja! One of our elephants is seeing pink men!
- Dr. Garth: All right.Now listen to me, Janet, this has gone far enough! Well, there's nothing funny about it! I'm in the midst of a very serious...
- [Janet hangs up and laughs]
- Dr. Garth: HELLO?
- [hangs up]
- Hawkins: [comes out of Dracula's castle] Some man is in there with a stake through his heart.
- Albert: Scary.
- Hawkins: [looks at Von Helsing] You know anything about this?
- Prof. Von Helsing: Yes, I did it.
- Hawkins: Who is he in there?
- Prof. Von Helsing: His name's Count Dracula.
- Hawkins: How long has he been dead?
- Prof. Von Helsing: About 500 years.
- Lili: Why are you looking at me that way? Will I do?
- Countess Marya Zaleska: Yes, you'll do very well indeed. Do you like jewels, Lily? It's very old and very beautiful, I'll show it to you.
- Lili: I think I'll pass tonight. I think I'll go if you don't mind... Please don't come any closer!
- [She screams]
- She gives you that weird feeling!
- Look out, she'll get you!
- Otto Kruger - Dr. Jeffrey Garth
- Gloria Holden - Countess Marya Zaleska - Dracula's Daughter
- Marguerite Churchill - Janet
- Edward Van Sloan - Professor Von Helsing
- Gilbert Emery - Sir Basil Humphrey, Scotland Yard
- Irving Pichel - Sandor
- Halliwell Hobbes - Hawkins
- Billy Bevan - Albert
- Nan Grey - Lili
- Hedda Hopper - Lady Esme Hammond
- Claud Allister - Sir Aubrey
- Edgar Norton - Hobbs
- E. E. Clive - Sergeant Wilkes
- Vernon Steele - Squires
- Encyclopedic article on Dracula's Daughter on Wikipedia
- Media related to Dracula's Daughter on Wikimedia Commons
- Dracula's Daughter quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Dracula's Daughter at Rotten Tomatoes