Down by Law (film)
1986 film by Jim Jarmusch
- [to Jack] You always makin' big plans for tomorrow. You know why? Because you always fuckin' up today.
- My mama used to say that America's the big melting pot. You bring it to a boil and all the scum rises to the top.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
- I am a good egg.
- Jack: Julie, what're you doing out here?
- Julie: Just watching the light change.
- Roberto: Is a sad and beautiful world.
- Zack: Yeah, it's a sad and beautiful world... that's a good one. Yeah, yeah... buzz off.
- Roberto: Ah, thank you, Buzz off to you too.
- Zack: No... buzz off!
- Roberto: Ah, "buzz off". [writing] b-u-z-z o-f-f... Buzz off... Is, uh, "is a sad and beautiful world", "Good evening. Buzz off to everybody" "Oh, thank you, buzz off to you too."
- Jack: [swapping clothes with Zack] This is how you dressed before you were in the joint, right? Sort of garbage man on parade.
- Zack: You, uh, plannin' on doin' a little squirrel huntin', Jack?