American actress and singer (1922–2019)
Doris Day (3 April 1922 – 13 May 2019) was an American actor, singer, and animal welfare advocate.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it.
- As quoted in Doris Day : Her Own Story (1975) as told to A. E. Hotchner
- I’ve been through everything. I always said I was like those round-bottomed circus dolls — you know, those dolls you could push down and they’d come back up? I’ve always been like that. I’ve always said, "No matter what happens, if I get pushed down, I’m going to come right back up."
- Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.
- Though she is quoted as saying this in a 1996 interview, she is also quoted as saying it is a maxim which she follows as a Christian Scientist; it comes from the Christian Science Hymnal, Hymn 249, "O, when we see God's mercy" by Vivian Burnett: "Our gratitude is riches, complaint is poverty."