Doomsday (2008 film)
Doomsday is a 2008 science fiction action film which takes place in the future in Scotland, which has been quarantined because of a deadly virus. When the virus is found in London, political leaders send a team led by Major Eden Sinclair (Rhona Mitra) to Scotland to find a possible cure.
- Written and directed by Neil Marshall.
- [about her mother] "Can't remember what she looked like. All I have is a name on an envelope and an address of a place I can never go to."
- "Sorry to piss in your chips, but we haven't got time to play safe."
- [seeing an armored knight ride up] "There's something you don't see everyday."
- "Same shit, different era."
- "I'll tell you what I've lost. I've lost my bloody mind."
- "Like so many epidemics before, the loss of so many lives began with a single microscopic organism. It's human nature to seek even the smallest comfort in reason or logic for events as catastrophic as these. But a virus doesn't choose a time or place. It doesn't hate or even care. It just happens."
- "It now remains only a matter of time before the laws of nature seek to redress the balance."
- "The fires have spread, the power supply is dwindling, and our food and water are running out fast. At night we can hear the distant cries of pain and anguish. They've begun to feed off each other. It's medieval out there. Ammunition is low. The barricades won't hold out much longer. Our time has run out. This is Dr. Marcus Kane signing off."
- "In the land of the infected, the immune man is king."
- "They started this fire. They can burn in it!"
- "In politics, survival is timing, and ours is running out."
- "Leave the dying to die."
- "With a lie this big, we can get away with anything we want."
- "I've seen too many of my friends rush those gates, but before they could even get close, they were turned to fire and fell as ash. But with you here to lead us through, we are going to go all the way. Lady, I could eat you right up."
- "Can you hear that? The hounds are hungry! It's feeding time at the fucking zoo!"
- "This is our city! Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch them! We're gonna cook them! And we're gonna eat them!"
- Bill Nelson: [to Eden] "You carry on the way you're going, you're gonna wind up one seriously fucked-up individual."
- John Hatcher: "Yesterday, if I turned up on the 6:00 news with a survivor in tow, they'd have strung me up from the nearest lamp-post by the balls. But if, in 48 hours, I arrive with a survivor and a cure, sure they won't give a flying fuck about the survivor, but they'll be lining up to kiss my arse for that cure."
- DJ: "Ladies and gentlemen! Here he is, the head chef, the big cheese, the sunshine of your lives! It's Sol!"
- Cellar Guard: [to Eden] "If you're hungry, why not try a piece of your friend?"
- Eden Sinclair: "You got a cigarette?"
- Bill Nelson: "When are you going to buy your own? Do you know how much these things cost?"
- Eden Sinclair: "Why do you think I smoke yours?"
- Bill Nelson: "Hatcher's got the swagger and the smiles, but it's Canaris who pulls the strings. He's the power behind the throne. And he's not someone you want to pick a fight with."
- Eden Sinclair: "Who, me?"
- Eden Sinclair: "You used to be a doctor. At what point did you stop caring?"
- Marcus Kane: "I used to be an idealist, too. That night that they closed the gates. That night, I lost everything. My wife, my family. You don't know the pain."
- Eden Sinclair: "You chose to stay hidden. Your wife and family could still be out there. You ever stop to think about their pain?"
- Marcus Kane: "I haven't slept one night in 25 years without reliving that moment. Who the hell are you to talk to me about pain? What do you know? What did you ever lose?"
- Michael Canaris: "We understand the need for sacrifice. The longer we leave it, the better shape we'll be in once the dust settles. Once the virus has eaten away the dead flesh, then we'll make our move. Just a question of timing."
- Eden Sinclair: "Making you the hero of the hour."