Doina is a 2010 Romanian, Romanian language short film about a countryside girl who loves music, but is peer pressured by her family and close ones to participate in a piano competition, a musical instrument that she dislikes.
- Directed by Nikolas Grasso. Assistant directors: Leonard von Luttichau and Paolo de Matteis. Written by Nikolas Grasso. Screenplay by Alessandra Cabassi and Carolina Taddei.
Taken from the English subtitles from the Vimeo upload by Nikolas Grasso
- Boy: When do you leave?
- Doina: In a few days.
- Boy: Oh, if I were in your shoes. You play wonderfully, you will be rich and you won't have to work. I heard that in the West you can earn a lot.
- Mariana Preda as Doina
- Maria Dinulescu as Ana
- Carmen Ungureanu as Mother (Dana)
- Mircea Galis as Father (Mircea)
- Robert Valeanu as Vlad
- Mihai Popa as Priest
- Anissa Boitor as Girl presenter
- Lyana Calis as Jury woman
- Ovidiu Dumitrescu as Jury man #1
- Mihai Manea as Jury man #2
- Lucian Valentin Grigoras as Piano kid