Doc Hollywood is a 1991 American romantic comedy film about Dr. Benjamin Stone, a young doctor on his way to Beverly Hills who causes an accident in a village in South Carolina, whereupon he is sentenced to community service at the town hospital.
- Directed by Michael Caton-Jones. Written by Neil B. Shulman, Laurian Leggett, Jeffrey Price, Peter S. Seaman, and Daniel Pyne, based on the book, What? Dead again?, by Shulman.
Dr. Benjamin StoneEdit
- Beverly Hills. The most beautiful women in the world. Plastic surgery. What do those three things have in common? Me, in less than a week.
- [about being stuck in Grady] I'm trapped in this HeeHaw Hell.
- [to Benjamin, after skinny-dipping in the lake] You can blink now.
- Can't poop in this town without everybody knowin' what color it is.
- Nurse Packer: [reading from a note left by Doc Hogue] "When to call me, you've been stabbed, shot, poisoned, separated from an appendage, knocked or beaten unconscious, run over by a tractor mower, or generally about to bleed to death. Otherwise, leave me alone."
- Dr. Aurelius Hogue: [while being examined] Check Hollywood for knives. I don't want him operating in case I sneeze or something.
- Dr. Stone: You want to trade, the pig for the part?
- Melvin: If you can part with the pig.
- Dr. Stone: Good.
- Vialula: I suspect your version of romance is whatever will separate me from my panties.
- Dr. Stone: No, I am just talking about dinner. Wear make-up, put on a dress. Panties are optional.
- Hank: [about Los Angeles] I heard the women out there have their chests enlarged, their thighs vacuumed, and barf on purpose.
- Lillian: [hits Hank in the back of the head] Not while people are eating.
- Woman with Glasses: There's a blurred spot in my vision... there... no, there, no, no...
- [Dr. Stone takes her glasses and cleans them]
- Woman with Glasses: I'm cured.
- Dr. Stone: [while dancing] The music's stopped.
- Vialula: What music?
- Dr. Stone: How's Hogue?
- Nancy Lee: Well, he's the same.
- Dr. Stone: Melvin?
- Nancy Lee: Same.
- Dr. Stone: How's your dad?
- Nancy Lee: Why don't ask me about Vialula?
- Dr. Stone: Oh, ha ha. No, I mean what's there to ask really? I mean, so I guess she and Hank are...
- Hank: You're in my chair.
- [Ben looks up at Hank]
- Hank: Slide a bit, Nancy Lee. [sits down] There is a man in the toilet sellin' after shave. Now, what's that all about?
- Nancy Lee: Is that a star?
- Hank: No, that's Ted Danson.
- Vialula: I'm going for breakfast, you want anything?
- Nurse Packer: Mmm-hmmm, how about Bob Barker?
- Vialula: [snorts] I'll see what I can do.
- Vialula: You steal that pig?
- Dr. Stone: Well, I heard she was wasting away in this one-pig town.
- Vialula: And you thought you'd come back and rescue her.
- Dr. Stone: Yeah, something like that.
- Vialula: And what makes you think she'll take you back?
- Dr. Stone: Because I love her.
- Vialula: [pause] Go back to Los Angeles. [walks past him]
- Dr. Stone: [pulls her back] I don't want Lose Angeles. I want you. [kisses her]
- Vialula: You got great tonsils.
- Dr. Stone: That ain't all. [smiles]
- Dr. Stone: You know, I just thought of something. I guess I'm gonna have time to collect that ten dollars from Nick.
- Vialula: You lost that bet.
- Dr. Stone: I did not lose it.
- Vialula: Says me.
- Dr. Stone: Says you? You have no say in this bet - you are the bet.
- Vialula: I don't care. The bet was for one week. You lost.
- Dr. Stone: Ah, it's your word against mine.
- Vialula: You mean you would sully my reputation for ten measly dollars?
- Dr. Stone: [laughs] Absolutely! I don't even know what sully means.
- Michael J. Fox - Dr. Benjamin Stone
- Julie Warner - Vialula/"Lou"
- Woody Harrelson - Hank Gordon
- Bridget Fonda - Nancy Lee Nicholson
- Roberts Blossom - Judge Evans
- Barnard Hughes - Dr. Aurelius Hogue
- David Ogden Stiers - Mayor Nick Nicholson
- Frances Sternhagen - Lillian
- George Hamilton - Dr. Halberstrom