unwanted or unusable material
(Redirected from Dissipation)
Quotes about waste:
- There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.
- Mother Teresa (1910–1997), A Gift for God, 1975.
- The ocean is tired. It's throwing back at us what we're throwing in there.
- Frank Lautenberg, US Senator, on cases of dumped waste washing ashore at beaches, quoted in USA Today, 11 August 1988.
- Source Reduction is to garbage what preventive medicine is to health.
- William Rathje, Atlantic Monthly, December 1989.
- To waste, to destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them amplified and developed.
- Theodore Roosevelt, Seventh Annual Message, December 3, 1907.
- Haste makes waste. ~ English proverb
- Waste not, want not. ~ English proverb
- Life is waste..if not properly utilized.