1994 film by Barry Levinson
Disclosure is a 1994 film about a man who sues his female boss for sexual harrassment. It is based on the novel by Michael Crichton.
- Directed by Barry Levinson. Written by Paul Attanasio. Based on the novel, Disclosure, by Michael Crichton.
- You wanna get fucked? Huh? Is that what you want?
- Sexual harassment is about power. When did I have the power? When?
- Why don't I just admit it? Admit that I'm that evil white guy everyone is always complaining about? Hey Chau-Minh, come down here so I can exercise my patriarchal urge!
- Let's get down to business.
- You stick your dick in my mouth and NOW you get an attack of morality?
- [Meredith passionately kisses Tom] There... Now that wasn't so bad, wasn't it?
- Now you got the power. You got something I want.
- Oh, you son-of-a-bitch ... you get back in here and finish what you started. Do you hear me? Do you hear me? You get back in here and finish what you started or you're fuckin' dead. You hear me? You're FUCKIN' DEAD!
- Oh Tom, you are the one person I know who sucks up to the people below you.
- Of course everyone knows! I'm so old fashioned, I greet my employees with a handshake!
- An "old girlfriend"... that's about as exclusive as the White Pages!
- Ms. Alvarez, forty-eight hours ago my husband's penis was in another woman's mouth. I don't think there's anything in the law that can help me with that.
- Catherine Alvarez: [to Tom] Sexual harassment is not about sex. It is about power. She has it; you don't.
- Catherine Alvarez: [to Meredith] It proves, Ms. Johnson, that a woman in power can be every bit as abusive as a man.
- Bob Garvin: The Chinese say, "May you live in interesting times." Well this has been the most interesting merger since my second marriage.
- Bob Garvin: This is America, goddammit. The legal system is supposed to protect people like me!
- Meredith Johnson: [about Susan] I guess it can be a bit inhibiting.
- Tom Sanders: What's that?
- Meredith Johnson: Domesticity.
- Tom Sanders: Oh, you'd be surprised.
- Meredith Johnson: Oh, I don't imagine you can jump her from behind just because all of sudden you get excited just by the way she bends over to pick up the soap.
- Meredith Johnson: [looks romantically in his eyes] You remember that...don't you?
- Tom Sanders: Yeah, I remember that.
- Meredith Johnson: And you miss it, don't you?
- Tom Sanders: I have my compensations.
- Meredith Johnson: Oh course...that's life. A series of trade-offs.
- Meredith Johnson: Remember all the things we did?
- Tom Sanders: Yeah, I remember.
- Meredith Johnson: Things nobody knows about you and me.
- [They kiss passionately]
- Meredith Johnson: All... our secrets.
- Meredith Johnson: Put it in.
- Tom Sanders: [Looking at a mirror] Oh God, I can't do this.
- Meredith Johnson: Come on. I want you inside me.
- Tom Sanders: Oh no no no. I can't do this. I'm not gonna do this.
- Meredith Johnson: Now, Now!
- Tom Sanders: No. No. NO! NO!
- Meredith Johnson: You can't stop. You just can't stop!
- Tom Sanders: I did NOT have sex with her!
- Susan Hendler: Oh, then what was it Tom? She was trying to quit smoking?
- Susan Hendler: Did you have sex with her?
- Tom Sanders: No! No! No!
- Susan Hendler: How did her hand get into your pants?
- Philip Blackburn: It gets worse. His lawyer is Catherine Alvarez.
- Bob Garvin: Oh, great. She'd change her name to "TV Listings" just to get it in the paper.
- sex is power
- A drink is on the table, and your future is on the line. Suddenly, an unwanted sexual advance has put you in the most uncomfortable of positions. Now, it's going to be your word... against hers!
- Michael Douglas - Tom Sanders
- Demi Moore - Meredith Johnson
- Donald Sutherland - Bob Garvin
- Caroline Goodall - Susan Hendler
- Roma Maffia - Catherine Alvarez
- Dylan Baker - Philip Blackburn
- Rosemary Forsyth - Stephanie Kaplan
- Dennis Miller - Mark Lewyn
- Suzie Plakson - Mary Anne Hunter
- Nicholas Sadler - Don Cherry
- Jacqueline Kim - Cindy Chang
- Joe Urla - John Conley Jr
- Disclsoure quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Disclosure at Rotten Tomatoes