Die Hard 2: Die Harder
1990 film by Renny Harlin
- Directed by Renny Harlin. Written by Steven E. de Souza & Doug Richardson, based on the novel 58 Minutes by Walter Wager.
They say lightning never strikes twice... They were wrong (taglines)
- Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. Eggnog, a fuckin' Christmas tree, a little turkey. But, no! I gotta crawl around in this motherfuckin' tin can!
- Hey Lorenzo, let me ask you something: what sets off a metal detector first? The lead in your ass or the shit in your brains?
- Oh man, I can't fucking believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?
- [During an attempt for a live broadcast aboard the NEA plane] Put me through Cecilia, or start typing your resumé.
- [Reporter Richard Thornburg seeks a different seat aboard the NEA plane]
- Richard Thornburg: You cannot put me near that woman.
- Flight Attendant: Excuse me?
- Holly Gennaro-McClane: He means he's filed a restraining order against me. I'm not allowed within 50 feet of him.
- Thornburg: Fifty yards. So, by keeping me in this section, you are violating a court order. I can sue you and this airline. That woman assaulted me and she humiliated me in public.
- Flight Attendant: [to Holly] What did you do?
- Holly: Knocked out two of his teeth.
- Flight Attendant: Would you like some champagne?
- John McClane: Captain Lorenzo?
- Capt Lorenzo: Yeah.
- McClane: John McClane.
- Lorenzo: Yeah, yeah. I know who you are. You're the asshole that's just broke seven FAA and five District of Columbia regulations, running around my airport with a gun, shooting at people. What do you call that shit?
- McClane: Self-defense.
- John McClane: I know someone who can help. [uses a Dulles phone to call Los Angeles]
- Al Powell: LAPD. Sergeant Powell speaking.
- McClane: Powell, put down that Twinkie and talk to me!
- Powell: John! How the hell you been?
- Al: Hey, I'm right here partner. Your stiff's dossier is coming through right now.
- McClane: What can you tell me about him?
- Al: He's dead.
- McClane: You needed a computer to figure that one out?
- Al: No, no, no. You don't follow me. According to the Department of Defense, he's been dead for two years.
- Samantha: Big drug dealer on his way to prison. Gun fight in airport. Every controller and cafe shop getting beeped and hauling ass. And you, rocking the boat. Connection? Come on, McClane. Just a few words.
- McClane: Ok, just a few words. Fuck off.
- Samantha: Thanks, but I already got that from Colonel Stuart.
- Grant: You're the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- McClane: Story of my life.
- Stuart: How is it going? [pushes McClane off the plane] Bon voyage! [McClane pulls off the gas cap as he falls] Happy landing asshole! [removes the jacket jamming the left flaps and gets back aboard]
- McClane: [pulls out lighter] Yippie ki yay, motherfucker. [throws lighter onto gas trail, igniting it and blowing up the plane as it takes off]
- Die Harder (mostly referred to as part of the title)
- They say lightning never strikes twice... They were wrong.
- John McClane, terrorist and in an airport. Nothing can go wrong this time.
- Last time, it blew you through the back wall of the theater. This time, it will blow you sky high!
- Yippee Ki Yay, all over again!
- I hate it when I'm right.
- Look who's back in the wrong place at the right time.
- Bruce Willis — John McClane
- Bonnie Bedelia — Holly Gennero McClane
- William Sadler — Colonel Stuart
- Dennis Franz — Captain Carmine Lorenzo
- Reginald VelJohnson — Sergeant Al Powell
- William Atherton — Richard Thornburg
- Franco Nero — General Ramon Esperanza
- John Amos — Major Grant
- Art Evans — Leslie Barnes
- Fred Thompson — Trudeau
- Tom Bower — Marvin
- Sheila McCarthy — Samantha "Sam" Coleman
- Don Harvey — Garber
- Tony Ganios — Baker
- Peter Nelson — Thompson
- Robert Patrick — O'Reilly
- John Leguizamo — Burke
- Tom Verica — Kahn
- Vondie Curtis — Hall Miller
- Mark Boone Junior — Shockley
- Colm Meaney — Pilot of Windsor Airlines plane
- Robert Costanzo — Sergeant Vito Lorenzo