Descent (1995 video game)
1995 video game developed by Parallax Software
Descent is a series of 3D first-person shooter games developed released by Interplay Entertainment.
- Material Defender: Worthless bureaucrats. They'd replace us all with robots given half the chance. Briefings are awful. Air is too sterile for human lungs, endless electric blue schematics sting the eyes, and a suit from Post-Terran whose droning voice would make Armageddon sound boring. They needed me, they had the equipment I needed. Why does this fool keep babbling?
- Material Defender: Fine. Let me go. Some fighter jocks worship their hardware, but I'm not the religious type. The idiot giving the lecture was practically drooling. The hardware was pretty impressive, though.
- Samuel Dravis: That is all, Material Defender. "Prepare for Descent"
Descent II (1996)Edit
- Samuel Dravis: If you've studied your standard mercenary agreement, you would notice that PTMC reserves the right to keep you on retainer for up to 72 hours, post-mission.
- Material Defender: Dravis, you son of a …
- Samuel Dravis: If you choose to decline further service, we may consider you in default of your contract, and your fee may be suspended, pending litigation. Good luck, Material Defender. Dravis out.
- Material Defender: [in demo] I hope I left the cat enough food.
- Samuel Dravis: You came so close, eh? Poor Material Defender!