Deliver Us from Evil (2014 film)
2014 film by Scott Derrickson
- Directed by Scott Derrickson. Written by Paul Harris Boardman and Scott Derrickson, based on Beware the Night by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool.
You haven't seen true evil (taglines)
- A saint is not a moral exemplar. A saint is a life-giver.
- Butler: This is it.
- Sarchie: I think the Addams family lives here. You know, uh, the last time we took somebody else's job, you almost got eaten.
- Butler: Yeah, if something eats me here, feel free to say "I told you so."
- [Mendoza notices waitress]
- Sarchie: So you're not all pedophiles, huh?
- Mendoza: Any other stereotypes you want to hit while I'm here?
- Sarchie: I've met a lot of priests. You don't seem the type.
- Mendoza: And I've known a lot of cops, and you're exactly the type.
- Sarchie: You see, Father, as we speak every day, out there, someone's getting hurt, ripped off, murdered, raped. Where's God when all that's happening? Hmm?
- Mendoza: In the hearts of people like you, who put a stop to it. I mean, we can talk all night about the problem of evil, but what about the problem of good? I mean, if there's no God, if the world is just "survival of the fittest," then why are all the men in this room willing to lay down their lives for total strangers? Hmm?
- [Jane hisses until spit bubbles out]
- Butler: [to Sarchie] Do you think she's single?
- Butler: You know, when your radar goes off, you usually wind up with stitches?
- Sarchie: You're an adrenaline junkie, and without my radar, you don't get your fix. Okay?
- Mendoza: Ralph Sarchie, do you renounce Satan and all of his works?
- Sarchie: I do renounce him. All his works, and all his ways. I renounce all evil.
- You haven't seen true evil.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|