feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction
(Redirected from Delighted)
- I am convinced that we have a degree of delight, and that no small one, in the real misfortunes and pains of others.
- Edmund Burke, The Sublime and Beautiful, Part I, Section 14.
- Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither, though, by your smiling, you seem to say so.
- Why, all delights are vain; and that most vain,
Which with pain purchas'd, doth inherit pain.
- Their tables were stor'd full, to glad the sight,
And not so much to feed on as delight:
All poverty was scorn'd, and pride so great,
The name of help grew odious to repeat.
- These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.