American actress, singer, and dancer
Mary Frances "Debbie" Reynolds (1 April 1932 – 28 December 2016) was an American actress, singer, businesswoman, film historian, and humanitarian. She was the mother of actress and writer Carrie Fisher.
- I do a lot of things wrong. I lose my temper, and I hate waiting in line, but do I take drugs? No. Do I run around deploring the world? No. I'm just not into it. I was brought up that way.
- I’m not as intellectual as my daughter. She says bigger words than I … I don’t even know what they mean… But she’s so amusing to me and it’s wonderful to be around her.
- Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother
- I miss her so much, I want to be with Carrie.
- Statement to her son, Todd Fisher, a few hours before her death, as reported in "Debbie Reynolds' Last Words: 'I Want to Be with Carrie,' Son Says" by Alexia Fernandez, in People magazine (29 December 2016)
Unsinkable : A Memoir (2013)Edit
- I was a simple kid who was thrown into the wonderful world of show business. I've loved every moment.
These are my recollections. If you remember things differently, send me your version — but only if it’s funnier.
- What do you do do when your heart says one thing and your head, and your lawyer, says another? I was a romantic. I put my whole heart on the line when I love someone. ... I don't think like a thief so I never see this quality in others until it's too late.
- Chapter 16. Bottoming Out in Beverley Hills
- Faith is a powerful thing to have in your repertory. ... Certainly, I'd felt despair, sometimes so much that I thought it would be easier to die. But my family and my faith have sustained me until, when I least expected it, life picked me up again.
- Chapter 18. Family and Faith
- Debbie Reynolds on IMDb
- Official website
- Works by or about Debbie Reynolds in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Debbie Reynolds' Hollywood Motion Picture Museum website
- Debbie Reynolds at TVGuide.com
- Radio appearance WSRQ "Big Band Files w/Doug Miles
- Photographs and literature
- Debbie Reynolds at Emmys.com
- The Official Academy Awards Database: Type "Debbie Reynolds" at the Nominee box