1986 film by Wes Craven
- Directed by Wes Craven. Written by Bruce Joel Rubin, based on the 1985 novel Friend by Diana Henstell.
She can't live without you.taglines
- Hey, she's dead? Hey, what the hell are you doing, you didn't say anything about a dead body, we were supposed to save her life!
- Paul Conway: [Elvira rolls the basketball inside her house] Hey, you can't do that.
- Elvira Parker: Oh yes, I can. My property. My house. My ball.
- Tom: What a witch!
- Samantha Pringle: [Samantha has a nosebleed] Do you have some ice?
- Jeannie Conway: Oh my God. Come on in. Sit down. Paul, get some ice. [to Samantha] Hold your head back, back. [to Paul] Hurry. [to Samantha] What happened?
- Samantha Pringle: Nothing. I just get them sometimes.
- Paul Conway: Here you go.
- Jeannie Conway: Listen, sweetheart, this may be butting in where I don't belong, but don't you think someone should say something?
- Samantha Pringle: For what, a nosebleed? Come on, I've had them since I was a kid. Ice will take care of it. I just forgot to fill the tray.
- Jeannie Conway: Oh, Sam, I don't like this.
- Samantha Pringle: I hate them.
- Jeannie Conway: C'mon you know what I mean. It's criminal. He could go to jail.
- Samantha Pringle: He's my father. Sometimes I want to roll a truck over his face but he's still my father.
- Neighbor: Old man Pringle and Mrs. Parker, both dead. His face was burned off.
- Paul Conway: Elvira Parker?
- Neighbor: Yeah, I heard somebody say she called the police. Said she saw Sam in her bedroom window. From what I hear, Elvira's head's all over the walls in there.
- [Sam emerges into an evil version of BB and chokes Paul to his death, talking in a evil, whispering voice]
- Samantha Pringle: Paul. Come with me, Paul.
- Paul Conway: [screaming] NOOOOOOOO!
- [Sam snaps Paul's neck]
- Samantha Pringle: BB.
- She can't live without you.
- Some people are just better off dead.
- If you're not afraid of the unknown...
- There's no one alive who'll play with the girl next door!
- Grab A Friend before someone in the audience grabs you!
- Not all nightmares happen on Elm Street.