American hardcore punk band
Dead Kennedys are an American punk band initially active between 1978 and 1986, known for their political lyrics. Their initial members (all of whom performed pseudonymously) included Jello Biafra, East Bay Ray, Klaus Flouride, "6025", and "Ted".
- It's the suede/denim secret police / They have come for your uncool niece.
- "California Über Alles", 1979
- It's a holiday in Cambodia / It's tough, kid, but it's life.
- "Holiday in Cambodia", 1980
- It's a holiday in Cambodia / where you'll kiss ass or crack.
- "Holiday in Cambodia"
- You still think swastikas look cool? / The real Nazis run your school. / They're coaches, businessmen, and cops / In a real Fourth Reich, you'll be the first to go.
- "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", 1981