1992 film by Peter Jackson
(Redirected from Dead Alive)
Braindead (Dead Alive in North America) is a 1992 zombie-horror-comedy film in which a young man's mother is bitten by a Sumatran rat-monkey. She gets sick and dies, but comes back to life, killing and eating dogs, nurses, friends, and neighbors.
- That's my mother you're pissing on.
- They're not dead exactly, they're just... sort of rotting.
- [about to charge at the zombies with a hoisted law mower] Party's over!
- [as an excuse for punching Selywn and stuffing it into a bag] Hyperactive...
- Listen! You no pick up the cage, you no get the big dollars.
- I'm a New Zealand zoo official, and this monkey is going to Newtown!
- The Devil is amongst us!
- Stay back boy! This calls for divine intervention!
- I kick arse for the Lord!
- What we need is another war!
- [After pus from Vera's bite wound squirts into his custard] Damn fine custard... rich and creamy, just the way I like it!
- Ahhh, so you found your father's old stag movies, did ya? [Pause] Is that the one with the donkey and the chambermaid?
- She's history! I know what to do, I've read the comics! Total... bodily... dismemberment!
- Step right up you greebo bastards!
- Intellectual at party: [struggling against an attack by Void] I take it back! [Void snarls] I'm sorry I called Nabokov a pedophile!
- Intellectual: [defending himself against oncoming zombies] Some of my best friends are Pedophiles! [His famous last words]
- Undertaker: [as Vera's eyes pop out and green slime sprays out] Cranial blowout!
- Zoo Keeper: Story goes, these great big rats come scuttling off the slave ships and raped all the little tree monkeys.
- Zombie Mother: No one will ever love you like your mother!
- [the Sumatran rat monkey bites Mum, and she crushes it with the heel of her stiletto]
- Zoo Keeper: Holy shit!
- Mum: Look at this! It bit me. I've been savaged! And my dress!
- Paquita Maria Sanchez: Fernando!! [Looks at Lionel] Your mother ate my dog!
- Lionel Cosgrove: Not all of it.
- The rot has set in....
- Gone with the Blood...
- The most undercooked comedy in the history of Cinema!
- The Goriest Fright Film of All Time!
- ...and this little zombie stayed at home!
- Some things won't stay down... even after they die.
- There's something nasty in Lionel's cellar - His family!
- You'll laugh yourself sick!
- Timothy Balme - Lionel Cosgrove
- Diana Peñalver - Paquita María Sánchez
- Elizabeth Moody - Vera Cosgrove
- Elizabeth Brimilcombe - Zombie Vera
- Ian Watkin - Uncle Les
- Brenda Kendall - Nurse McTavish
- Stuart Devenie - Father McGruder (The Fighting Priest)
- Stephen Papps - Zombie McGruder
- Jed Brophy - Void
- Murray Keane - Scroat
- Glenis Levestam - Nora Matheson
- Lewis Rowe - Albert Matheson
- Elizabeth Mullane - Rita
- Harry Sinclair - Roger