Puerto Rican actor
David Zayas (born August 15, 1962) is a Puerto Rican actor.
- I went to an acting school while I was a cop still…The moment I was involved in that world, it electrified me and I realized that it was something that I wanted to do
- On attending acting school while serving as a police officer in “‘For 'Dexter' Star David Zayas, Acting Was A Long Shot Away” in NPR (2015 Mar 29)
- He looked at me like I was thinking outside of the reality of where we were at…And I respected my father. He was a good man, he was a good father, so I kind of like, really just put it in the back of my head. I really didn't pursue it much.
- On being initially discouraged to pursue acting because of his father in “‘For 'Dexter' Star David Zayas, Acting Was A Long Shot Away” in NPR (2015 Mar 29)
- I don’t have a dream role. Every role I get is my dream role. Whatever the role… I have to commit to every time.
- On being open to any acting role in “David Zayas Talks 'Shut Eye' and Acting Career” in CINEMOVIE (2016 Dec 8)
- The thing is that there aren’t many stories told that are being shown to everybody from this, so any opportunity that I have to see a project that we could just release that to people that they could see a slice of life that they may not recognize or they may not know. It’s about family, it’s about being good people, it’s about culture, whether it’s music, theater, arts. And the opportunity to show that in a neighborhood and in a culture that I grew up in is very important to me.
- On his film Shine in “INTERVIEW: David Zayas Talks To Me about ‘SHINE’” in Rama’s Screen (2018 Oct 1)