American philosopher (1950-)
David Weinberger (born 1950) is an American technologist, commentator, author and editor. He is perhaps best known as co-author of The Cluetrain Manifesto.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Internet is a medium only at the bit level. At the human level, it is a conversation that, because of the persistence and linkedness of pages, has elements of a world. It could only be a medium if we absolutely didn't care about it.
- "The Internet is not a medium", Hyperorg.com (2004-03-27)
- The cure to information overload is more information.
- The cure to information overload is more information., Hyperorg.com (2005-05-24)
- To a collector of curios, the dust is metadata.
- Everything is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder (2007), p. 233
- Metadata liberates us, liberates knowledge.
- "Knowledge at the End of the Information Age," Bertha Bassam lecture, University of Toronto (2008-02-07)