American actor and professional wrestler
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- For some reason, I'm the guy people love to hate, which I think is weird. People who know me find that very strange, but for some reason, I am. I don't mind being that guy - I have fun with it.
- I never excelled at one sport or had a very strong passion for anything other than wrestling and bodybuilding.
- Nothing can motivate me any more than I'm already motivated. It just can't happen. Me being motivated was never a factor. Never.
- I'm not a big guy. I'm not a menacing guy. I'm not an intimidating guy. I may look that way, but just spend two seconds talking to me, and you know that's not who I am - not as a person, as a character. It's not who I intend to be.
- I'm particular about the projects that I've chosen. Each one of them, I've taken a step up, like climbing a ladder. Before, it was baby-steps, up to 'Riddick.' Then I took this huge leap onto 'Guardians!' It was such a higher level, this huge project which originally I never thought I'd have a chance in hell of getting.
- Know your lines; otherwise, have an open mind because you want to get lost in the moment. When you have talented actors and directors to work with, then it's pretty easy to do.
- People look at me, and they have a certain perception, and they slap a label on me. The guy you saw in a wrestling ring is not who I am.
- Just getting auditions was rough. But also just learning how to act - when I did my first role, in a film I did which was a favour to a friend, I realised I was really bad at it.