1981 German submarine drama film
- Our patrol planes! Where are they? Answer that one, Herr Göring!
- [during the storm] The sea cannot claim us, Henrich. No ship is as seaworthy as ours.
- [escaping from the British] They haven't spotted us! They're all snoring in their bunks! Or you know what? They're drinking in the bar! Celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!
- [Captain, looking at logbook] Our recent triumphs: Dived to evade enemy aircraft. Lost contact. Dived to evade destroyer. Depth charged. The British have stopped making mistakes.
- Hey look its Thomsen! THOOOMSSSEEN!! Good Hunting! You old rascal! My god Phillip! So they pushed you out to sea again!
- [Spotting Johann in a deranged state] What's wrong, Johann? Get back to your battle station. Right now! [Johann walks to the captain all nervous] Don't disobey my orders, do as you're told! Back to your station! [Johann reaches the ladder] I order you Johann. [Johann begins to sweat] ODB, JOHANN!
- Haben Sie doch tatsachlich unser Periscope gesehen!
- [slowly suffocating in 290m depth] 'To be fearless and proud and alone. To need no one, just sacrifice. All for the Fatherland.' Oh God, all just empty words.
- In the German version, Werner's words at this place were: I wanted to stand before something relentless. Where no woman crosses our path, and no mother looks after us. Where only the reality reigns, cruel and large. I was drunk of this prospect. (sobs) Now this is the reality.
- I am not in the condition to fuck! Sehr gut! Sieg Heil!
- Ullmann: Dearest Françoise, this is my fourteenth letter to you, but you have yet to see one.
- Navigator Kriechbaum: Man overboard!!! Pilgrim!!!
- [Officers, being bored to death]
- The Captain: Not bad in here, is it? No mail, no telephone. Solid wood paneling. Well-ventilated boat. Free food, too. We're in clover here!
- LI: Like fresh horse-droppings. They're rolling in clover as well. They have no need to make a living. They're even allowed to smoke!
- The Captain: [throwing his sou'wester down] God DAMNIT how can this happen?! A dozen boats we have in the Atlantic! From Greenland to the Azores, a mere dozen! But still we, we almost collide with one of our own! Something's wrong here...(turning to navigator) Checked on our position?
- Navigator Kriechbaum: ...more or less Capt-
- The Captain: More or less?! More or less?! Thats not GOOD ENOUGH!
- Navigator Kriechbaum: Not one sunspot in two weeks. Difficult to calculate.
- The Captain: Yeah yeah..We make a few errors in our own position - the others do the same, and we end up playing collision games! Leaving the route wide open! [to Werner] I hope you're taking notes. Maybe clue HQ into what's happening.
- Werner: Surely you have better connections than me.
- The Captain: You think so, huh?
- [Crew, being bored to death]
- Pilgrim: Tell me: Do you have hairs in your nose?
- Frenssen: Why?
- Pilgrim: Because I have some up my ass. We can tie them together.
- [Frenssen continues to flex-train his muscles, and while doing so, taps his own head with his index finger)
- [Crew is celebrating after escaping a destroyer attack. Bosun leaves the radio shack and enters the crew quarters, his face red with rage.]
- Bosun: QUIET IN THIS WHOREHOUSE!!! Bad news, men.
- Crew: What is wrong?
- Bosun: Schalke has lost the game. Five zero. No more chance of making the semi-finals.
- Ario: [falling into despair] I can't believe this shit!!
- (English Version)
- Pilgrim: I once met a girl who used me as a bicycle. It felt delicious!
- Hinrich: You're greasy enough for sure!
- (German Version)
- Pilgrim:One time, a whore pissed on my back. That felt incredible...!
- Hinrich:You're a pervert!