Daniel John Hannan (born 1 September 1971) is a British politician and Member of the European Parliament, representing South East England for the Conservative Party. He was a senior member of the official Vote Leave campaign during the 2016 EU referendum.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The most dangerous diminutions of freedom come from those who are convinced of their moral rectitude.
- Spoken by Daniel Hannan on Judge Andrew Napolitano's online streaming FOX News program, Freedom Watch, April 29th, 2009.
- You cannot spend your way out of a recession or borrow your way out of debt. And when you repeat, in that wooden and perfunctory way, that our situation is better than others, that we are well placed to weather the storm, I have to tell you, you sound like a Brezhnev era apparatchik giving the party line. You know, and we know, and you know that we know that it's nonsense. Everyone knows that Britain is worse off than any other country as we go into these hard times. The IMF has said so. The European Commission has said so. The markets have said so, which is why our currency has devalued by thirty percent. And soon, the voters too will get their chance to say so. They can see what the markets have already seen: that you are the devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Government
- Speech to Gordon Brown in the European Parliament, March 24th, 2009 
- We have lived through this mistake for 60 years now.
- Speaking about the NHS, during an interview with Fox News (2 April 2009)
- The EU’s single market is a single regulatory regime. Membership of it doesn’t mean that you can sell your products into it: pretty much the whole world can do that. Membership means, rather, that you accept a common set of technical standards, and that you submit yourself to the ultimate jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice.
- Britain, as a relatively large economy which exports more to non-EU than to EU markets, would be better off trading freely with the single market than belonging to it.
- Back in 2014, when no one else was planning how to win the referendum, @DouglasCarswell talked tactics at the @Tate. He said: "We can win in one of two circumstances: a visible failure of the renegotiation, or one of the two main party leaders being neutral." In the event, we got both. Thanks @jeremycorbyn.
Quotes about Daniel HannanEdit
- If you don't know who Daniel Hannan is, he is of course a boggle-eyed, slap-headed, unpleasant, revolting, heartless, shit-brained, attention-grabbing, fetid excuse for a prick. Sorry, um, sorry, no, no, no, I think I misread that, could you just scroll the autocue back up a bit, I meant he to say Daniel Hannan is of course a boggle-eyed, slap-headed, unpleasant, revolting, heartless, shit-brained, attention-grabbing, fetid excuse for a prick. Oh no, it turns out I got it right the first time.