DC Showcase: Jonah Hex
2010 film directed by Joaquim Dos Santos
- [first lines] My name is Red Doc. And I can whip any man in the house and ride any filly in the place.
- Madame Lorraine: Big boy, I'm Madame Lorraine. I'm ready to see you got the goods, but it'll cost you.
- Red Doc: Heh. On horseback, hanging from a chandelier. You name it.
- [Hex arrives in town]
- Young Man: I know who you are. You're that Jonah Hex.
- Jonah Hex: Congratulations.
- Young Man: I could shoot six bottles off a fence and not miss a one.
- Jonah Hex: Who gives a damn?
- Young Man: I can take it!
- [tries to draw for his gun, but Hex punches him]
- Madame Lorraine: Hey, cowboy. How would you like to trade that drink for some real firewater upstairs?
- Jonah Hex: You asking because I'm so handsome?
- Madame Lorraine: Because I think you can afford a good time.
- Madame Lorraine: You wouldn't hit a lady?
- Jonah Hex: You ain't no lady.
- [slugs her]
- Madame Lorraine: You hit me!
- Jonah Hex: Hard as I could.
- [last lines]
- Madame Lorraine: Wait! We could be partners. I don't mind splitting the take. [a rope falls down the mine shaft, leaving Madame Lorraine no means of escape. Up above, Jonah Hex finishes pulling a corpse out of the mine shaft] Don't turn me in. I don't wanna go to jail.
- Jonah Hex: Wouldn't think of it.
- Madame Lorraine: You can't leave me here alone!
- Jonah Hex: You ain't alone. You got plenty of company. And you know everybody there.