Cube 2: Hypercube
2002 Canadian film
Cube 2: Hypercube is a 2002 science-fiction film about several strangers trapped inside a hypercube. While the name suggests it is a sequel to the 1998 film Cube, Cube 2: Hypercube does not depend on the events of the first film to set the stage.
- Directed by Andrzej Sekula. Written by Sean Hood, Ernie Barbarash and Lauren McLaughlin.
Welcome to a new dimension in fear. taglines
- You don't think the guy who makes the toilets for the Space Shuttle gets to see the plans for the rest of it?
- Who the hell are "them", anyway? The government? The mafia? Aliens?
- Kate, I'm a healthy married male white engineer who enjoys reading horror novels and eating chocolate ice cream. As well as climbing around psycho jungle gyms.
- This place changes your perception about what's possible.
- God, you know, I wish I was just…smarter.
- He's a high-tech genius whose morals make Muammar Kadafi look like Mother Teresa!
- Holy shit, variable time speed rooms!
- Maybe we're in Hell!
- I'm not crazy, and I'm not hard of hearing, either! [turns to the wall] I told you no one would believe me!
- Some things should never be created! They exist for theoretical purposes only!
- I'm just blind, not retarded.
- I figure he knows something, something that he didn't want anyone to know. That's usually why people are tortured.
- Jesus. The gravity shifted. Wow!
- Don't be so stupid, Kate. You know time works differently in this place.
- Kate: I thought that you said you'd been wandering these rooms for hours.
- Jerry: Yeah, that's the weird thing, isn't it. Each one of these rooms has six of these doors or portals, but no matter how many different doors or portals I go through I always wound up in the same three rooms. Until now.
- Simon: Alright, let's get some real answers.
- Jerry: His answer was suicide. Not exactly a comforting thought.
- Kate: Are you okay? Did you hit your head?
- Max: Yeah. I slipped. It's the wall…it wiggled.
- Kate: Are you sure you're okay?
- Jerry: Well, I signed a confidentiality agreement.
- Simon: Given our current situation, I'd say it's null and void! Jesus Christ!
- Kate: Let's just say we are in this…hypercube, whatever. Does this diagram show us how to get out?
- Jerry: Well, uh, no. You see, a hypercube isn't supposed to be real; it's just a theoretical construct.
- Kate: Well that makes me feel better.
- Jerry: Sixty thousand, six hundred and fifty nine rooms? Christ.
- Kate: This place must be huge.
- Mrs. Paley: Oh yes, yes. In a hypercube, there could be sixty million rooms.
- Jerry: She could be right.
- Simon: There's a comforting thought.
- Julia: What's wrong? What the hell? Where am I?
- Max: That's the million dollar question.
- Julia: Hey, is this your jacket?
- Max: No.
- Julia: Well then how did I…oh, I must have had more to drink last night than I thought.
- Max: What are you so scared of, anyway?
- Simon: I just saw my fucking head taken off by something or other, how's that for starters?
- Simon: So here's the deal. I'm a private investigator. I'm on a case. Missing persons.
- Jerry: I think given our current situation this counts as irony.
- Kate: Look, I know this seems hopeless…
- Sasha: It is hopeless!
- Kate: No it's not! I'm going to figure this out.
- Sasha: Figure it out. Trust me, precious, if I haven't figured it out, you sure as shit aren't going to.
- Welcome to a new dimension in fear.
- You won't believe what's waiting in the 4th dimension.
- There is more to fear than you can see.
- The first one had rules.
- Kari Matchett — Kate Filmore
- Geraint Wyn Davies — Simon Grady
- Grace Lynn Kung — Sasha
- Matthew Ferguson — Max Reisler
- Neil Crone — Jerry Whitehall
- Barbara Gordon — Mrs. Paley
- Lindsey Connell — Julia
Encyclopedic article on Cube 2: Hypercube on Wikipedia
- Cube 2: Hypercube quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Cube 2: Hypercube at Rotten Tomatoes
|Cube film series|
|Cube · Cube 2: Hypercube · Cube Zero|