Cruella (stylized onscreen as Cruella de Vil) is a 2021 American crime comedy film produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is based on the character of Cruella de Vil from Dodie Smith's 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians and Walt Disney's 1961 animated film adaption. The film stars Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, and Mark Strong.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Estella von Hellman/Cruella de VilEdit
- I'm Cruella.
- I'm born brilliant, born bad, and a little bit mad.
- How does the saying go? I am woman, Hear me roar. That wasn't much of a thing back in 1964 but it was about to be.
- "Ignore them"? Didn't I just say, "Hear me roar"?
- I found friends in unlikely places.
- I'm just getting started, darling.
- I want to make art, and I want to make trouble.
- I look stunning, I don’t know about familiar.
- Being a genius is one thing. Raising a genius, however, does come with its challenges.
- That psycho cannot be my mother.
Baroness von HellmanEdit
- Looks like I've found my new signature piece. How do you like it?
- You can't care about anyone else. Everyone else is an obstacle. You care what an obstacle wants or feels, you're dead. If I cared about anyone or thing, I might have died like so many brilliant women with a drawer full of unseen genius and a heart full of sad bitterness. You have the talent for your own label. Whether you have the killer instinct is the big question.
- She has made it me or her. And I choose me.
- Let me give you some advice. If you need to talk about power, you don't have it.
- I'm pregnant.
- Thats's cruel! Your name's Estella, not Cruella.
- John: The Baron was a sweet old guy. The Baroness, on the other hand, she's a true narcissist. [The Baron hears his wife screaming and grunting from upstairs and runs upstairs] So when she found out she was pregnant…
- Baroness: I'm pregnant.
- John: …she wasn't exactly thrilled. The Baron was delighted. So much so that he surprised her by giving her a family heirloom. She took the necklace, but she had other plans for you.
- Cruella: [interrupting] Stop. You keep saying "you."
- John: You are her daughter. I was there when you were born. The Baron was away on business, and she ordered me to do the unthinkable.
- Baroness: [to John] You know what to do.
- John: It was a diabolical request. I knew I needed to protect you. But how? Then I saw Catherine, the sweetest woman who ever lived. She saved you. The Baroness said the child had died. The Baron, he, uh, wasted away. The point I'm making is, you are the rightful heir to the Baron's entire fortune. The mansion, the title. Everything.
- Cruella: [shaking her head no, not believing it] That psycho cannot be my mother. No.
- Emma Stone as Estella von Hellman/Cruella de Vil
- Tipper Seifert-Cleveland (12 years old)
- Billie Gadsdon as (5 years old)
- Emma Thompson as Baroness von Hellman
- Joel Fry as Jasper Badun
- Ziggy Gardner (young)
- Paul Walter Hauser as Horace
- Joseph MacDonald (young)
- Emily Beecham as Catherine Miller
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Anita "Tattletale" Darling
- Florisa Kamara (young)
- Mark Strong as John
- John McCrea as Artie
- Kayvan Novak as Roger Dearly
- Jamie Demetriou as Gerald
- Andrew Leung as Jeffery