Creature with the Atom Brain (1955 film)
1955 film by Edward L. Cahn
Creature with the Atom Brain is a 1955 zombie horror science fiction film about American gangster Frank Buchanan who forces former Nazi scientist Wilhelm Steigg to create zombies by resurrecting corpses through atomic radiation in order to help him exact revenge on his enemies.
- Directed by Edward L. Cahn. Written by Curt Siodmak.
A dead man walks the streets to stalk his prey! So terrifying only screams can describe it! (taglines)
Dr. Chet WalkerEdit
- It would answer the riddle, wouldn't it? Remote-controlled creatures, their brains powered by atomic energy, roaming the streets, directed from a central point.
- Steigg, you may be a crackpot, but you're also a genius.
- Dr. Steigg, if it weren't for my money, you'd be experimenting with cats and dogs in that flea-sized lab of yours in Europe.
Dr. Wilhelm SteiggEdit
- This animal looks content, doesn't it? You'd never suspect it had 18 electrodes implanted in its brain!
- Dr. Chet Walker: This so-called blood is radioactive!
- Capt. Dave Harris: Dangerously so?
- Dr. Chet Walker: Plus 9!
- Reporter #1: Doctor, how did anybody break through those bars in there?
- Dr. Chet Walker: Maybe he ate all his vitamins.
- Frank Buchanan: Is he dead?
- Dr. Wilhelm Steigg: He never was alive.
- Penny Walker: [about her new doll] I'm going to call her Dave.
- Dr. Chet Walker: Dave? Dave's a boy's name, that's a girl doll.
- Penny Walker: I don't care... I know, I'll tell all my friends she's a tomboy.
- Dr. Chet Walker: [after his wife has asked if it is all right to leave their 6 year old daughter playing alone outside while monsters are murdering people in the streets] There seems to be some sort of definite pattern. Can't put my finger on it, but I do know that Hennessy and McGraw were killed for a reason.
- Joyce Walker: Well, it's all right then?
- Dr. Chet Walker: Well, for a while. I don't think they've gotten around to indiscriminate killings yet.
- Dr. Wilhelm Steigg: My theory was to use these creatures to help people live, by doing everything that was difficult and dangerous. You just want to see people die.
- Frank Buchanan: Not just people, Steigg. Particular people. And I'll get 'em. Every single one of them.
- A dead man walks the streets to stalk his prey! So terrifying only screams can describe it!
- He Comes from Beyond the Grave!
- Richard Denning — Dr. Chet Walker
- Angela Stevens — Joyce Walker
- Lane Chandler — Gen. Saunders
- Michael Granger — Frank Buchanan
- Gregory Gaye — Dr. Wilhelm Steigg
- S. John Launer — Capt. Dave Harris
- Linda Bennett — Penny Walker
- Tristram Coffin — District Atty. McGraw
- Harry Lauter — Reporter #1
- Larry J. Blake — Reporter #2 (as Larry Blake)
- Charles Evans — Chief Camden
- Pierre Watkin — Mayor Bremer
- Creature with the Atom Brain quotes at the Internet Movie Database