Cops (TV series)
- Not to be confused with C.O.P.S. (TV series).
Cops (stylized as COPS) is an American documentary/reality legal television series airing on the Spike network that follows U.S. police officers, constables, sheriff's deputies, federal agents and state troopers during patrols and other police activities including vice and narcotics stings. Airing since March 1989, it films mainly in the United States, though episodes have occasionally been filmed in other countries, such as the United Kingdom, China, and the former Soviet Union.
- 1 Quotes
- 1.1 Season 1 (1989)
- 1.2 COPS: Too Hot For TV! VHS
- 1.3 Season 16 (2004)
- 1.4 Season 23 (2010)
- 1.5 Season 24
- 1.6 Season 26 (2013)
- 1.7 Season 27
- 1.8 Season 28 (2015–2016)
- 2 Taglines
- 3 External links
- Harry Newman: [disclaimer, opening lines] Due to the graphic nature of this program, viewer discretion is advised.
- Inner Circle: [theme song] Bad boys, bad boys. What're you going to do? What're you going to do, when they come for you?
- Harry Newman: [narrator] Cops is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement; all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Harry Newman: [narrator] This special edition of Cops is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement; a
- Officer: [ending lines, credits sequence] 132 and Bush, I've got him at gun-point.
- Dispatch: Okay, gun-point. 132 and Bush, cover's code three.
- Officer: In custody.
- Dispatch: Units 25 and 14, can transmit on TAC-2.
- Officer: Okay, we'll still send it code three.
- Derrick Pendergrass: [after throwing a combative woman on the ground] Let me tell you something, you are not going to do that.
Season 1 (1989)Edit
- Harry Newman: [narrator] Cops is filmed on location as it happens; all suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Police Officer: [chasing a fleeing criminal] Stop, or I'll shoot you in the back!
COPS: Too Hot For TV! VHSEdit
- Harry Newman: [narrator] Warning: This program contains scenes of a graphic nature, with adult language and nudity. This includes footage of a mature subject matter, and is intended for an adult audience.
- John Langley: Hello, I'm John Langley, executive producer of COPS. Welcome to my office. In this video, we're gonna do something a little different. Along with the real, and the raw, and the outrageous, we're gonna show you never-before-seen outtakes. In other words, the uncensored version of COPS.
- Harry Newman: [narrator] This special edition video is based on outtakes from COPS. All suspects are still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Season 16 (2004)Edit
- Anthony Damiano: [pointing a handgun at a man smoking marijuana] Put it down, bro. Put it down! Down! Down, what did I tell you? Down, down. Put your hands behind your back. You've got any guns on you?
- Suspect: No, papi. No, papi.
- Anthony Damiano: I ain't your papi, put your head down!
- Suspect: No, no. No, no. No, papi.
- Anthony Damiano: What do you've got? Just that?
- Suspect: Yes, papi.
- Anthony Damiano: Just marijuana?
- Suspect: Yes.
- Anthony Damiano: Keep your hands, there.
- Anthony Damiano: From the projects? Well, what are you doing?
- Suspect: I was smoking the, the. The tobacco.
- Anthony Damiano: The tobacco?
- Suspect: Yes, papi.
- Anthony Damiano: You sure?
- Suspect: Yes, officer. I'm sure. I just want to go home, papi.
- Anthony Damiano: You called me papi, again?
- Suspect: Officer, Mister Damiano.
- Anthony Damiano: Again, you called me that? Don't call me papi, again.
- Suspect: Alright, papi. Alright, officer.
Season 23 (2010)Edit
Episode 5: Weapons Drawn #2 (9 October 2010)Edit
- Suspect: [after being captured by policemen] Nobody, sir. No, sir. They tried to break in for several hours and I don't have a phone, and there was like four of them. I think three of them dressed in ninja turtles, in black.
- Policemen: Relax, man. Relax. Relax, relax. Relax.
- Suspect: I just defended myself.
- Suspect: [after being tasered, to no effect] I'll get you, bitch!
Season 26 (2013)Edit
- Devin Cantwell: [to a captured suspect] You've got any underwear on, George?
- George: Somewhere.
- Devin Cantwell: [to a captured suspect] Do you understand why you're going to jail, tonight?
- George: What?
- Devin Cantwell: You're going to jail. You're going to jail, George.
- George: What did I do?
- Devin Cantwell: You had a bag of weed! You can't have that.
- George: I'm getting out of the State of Texas.
- Devin Cantwell: You're going to Colorado?
- George: Yes, sir!
- Devin Cantwell: Okay.
- George: Yeah, hey!
- Devin Cantwell: How did I know that?
Episode 26: Kill 'Em With KindnessEdit
- Suspect: [after being restrained by policemen] I don't appreciate you roughing me up like that, man. For no motherfucking reason, man.
- Devin Cantwell: You've got a freaking gun on you.
- Suspect: Yeah, man. You're lucky I didn't shoot your bitch-ass with it.
- Devin Cantwell: [bemused] Really? Really?
- Suspect: Yeah, man. Yeah, straight up.
- Edward Alleman: Just a couple of scrapes and bumps, but everything heals.
- Martin: [objecting to his brother being arrested for possessing drugs] It's not right, dog.
- Brian Osborne: I didn't say it was right, dude. It's what it is.
- Suspect: [to his irate brother] Martin, shut up! Shut up, bro! Shut the fuck up, Martin!
Season 28 (2015–2016)Edit
Episode 21: Two in the BushEdit
- Suspect: [being investigated for trying to hire a prostitute] I'm a nice guy; I work with special-needs individuals.
- Policeman: They're going to hurt; they're handcuffs.
Episode 23: Nothing to See HereEdit
- "Isiah": [lying to policemen as they try to capture him] I'm Isiah, bro! I'm Isiah, bro! I'm Isiah, bro!
- "Isiah": [lying to policemen as they try to capture him] I'm Isiah, man! Stop, bro! I'm Isiah, man! I'm Isiah, bro!
- Bystander: [to the driver of an automobile that crashed into his house] Hey sucker, you're fucking lucky you didn't hurt one of my family members.
- Driver: I didn't.
- Bystander: [pointing index finger at man] You know what?
- Driver: I ran that stop sign.
- Bystander: I don't give a fuck what you're saying. But, if that would've happened?
- Driver: I know, I know.
- Bystander: I'd hunt you down until the day I'd fucking got you.
- No script, no narrator, no host. There's a reason it's one of the longest-running shows on television.
- On Spike (2016)