Contra III: The Alien Wars
Contra III: The Alien Wars (released as Contra Spirits in Japan and Super Probotector: Alien Rebels in Europe and Australia) is a Super NES run and gun video game released by Konami in 1992. It is the third console installment of the Contra series. Set in the futuristic year 2636, after twice failing to get a foot hold, alien invaders have launched a full-scale war on Earth, as two elite soldiers specializing in guerrilla warfare take up arms against them.
- The English localization of Contra III featured these infamous quotes:
- Bill: It's time for revenge.
- Lance: Let's attack aggressively!
- The Japanese version featured these equally intimidating quotes:
- Bill: 奴ら・・・ゆるさん。 (Yatsu ra...yurusan, "I won't forgive those bastards.")
- Lance: 派手に出迎えてやろうぜ！！ (Hade ni demukaeteyaru ze!, "Let's greet them with style!")
- February 14, 2636. You are about to learn what it takes to a descendent of commando legends Scorpion and Mad Dog. That is, now that Red Falcon would like to use your family tree as a toothpick. You're Jimbo and Sully, special forces comrades just like your fearsome forefathers were. Nowadays, your weapons and maneuvers are more advanced than they were when your ancestors saved the world from being skewered on Red Falcon's fangs. That brutal beast is still in his prime and has had plenty of time to plot his revenge.