Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer is a real-time strategy video game franchise.
Command & Conquer (1995)Edit
- Seth: [First Nod campaign cutscene]
- Seth: I'm Seth. Just Seth. From God, to Kane, to Seth.
- Kane: [Eighth Nod campaign cutscene]
- Kane: Yes, power shifts quite quickly then some people think. I'm Kane. While your troops are returning from the States, I want you to take what men you have left and secure this abandoned GDI base. Once in, build up an arsenal of weapons, and use them to wipe out the remaining GDI presence. Oh, and, congratulations on your promotion. (After killing Seth)
- Kane: [Final Nod campaign cutscene]
- Kane: "...the world. Where to strike? Where will the world most keenly feel the blade of GDI treachery? You have done much to aid the Brotherhood towards this final victory. The choice, my friend, is yours." (allowing the player to pick a target for the ion cannon strike)
- Kane: If I'm cut, why not bleed? It would be a sad error in judgement, General Solomon, to mistake me for a corpse.
- Solomon: My judgement is sound, Kane. And I'm not afraid of ghosts or you.
- Kane: Perhaps you should be. I've seen the future. Our Tiberium future. And as you watch this battle, just beginning to unfold, I've already seen the final act! It is my destiny to lead the way for all mankind.
- Solomon: Mankind has forgotten you, Kane!
- Kane: [laughs derisively and disconnects]
- Note: Kane's first words are a misquote from William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice: "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
- Umagon: [on Tratos] He's still out. But he'll live.
- McNeil: As long as he lives long enough to tell us where Vega is, I'll be happy.
- Umagon: Do you love nothing?
- McNeil: I love to win.
- Vega: Kane! I need reinforcements, you must send help!
- Kane: You'll find there's surprisingly little I must do, General Vega [two armed soldiers appear next to him on the screen]
- Vega: Kane! I served you for years!
- Kane: [to one of his soldiers] Emergency deployment. Immediate launch [back to Vega as two soldiers walk away] Perhaps when McNeil arrives there to kill you, you'll take some time to learn from the man. I'm sure he'll teach you lessons you'll carry with till the rest of your life... [ominously] Which, by the way, is about seven minutes.
- [Kane presses the button on a remote and his image on the screen is replaced by a countdown timer]
- Vega: I'm dead...
- [Vega administers himself a fatal dose of the drug in order to commit suicide. At this point, McNeil and Chandra enter the room]
- McNeil: [as he grabs Vega by his uniform] All right, you sorry bastard. Before that crap fries your brain, you're gonna tell me what happened to the rest of that ship. What happened to technology you and Kane stole off that UFO!?
- Vega: Kane didn't steal it. He made it. He's got the Tacitus.
- McNeil: What does Kane have? What is a Tacitus!?
- [Vega dies from drug overdose. McNeil looks at him in disgust and lets his body fall back into the chair]
- Chandra: Sir, I'm afraid I have some very bad news.
- [They look at each other for a moment before running away]
- Umagon: [to McNeil] Tratos wishes to speak with you.
- Tratos: We must stop Kane. He's gained the ability to control tiberium's effects. To reform the planet so that it supports another kind of life. Tiberium-based life. Tacitus explains how it is to be done.
- McNeil: How can you be sure of this?
- Tratos: Because I... translated it for him. I have betrayed the world.
- McNeil: [holding Kane at a gunpoint while he holds Umagon hostage] Let her go!
- Kane: Still giving orders. You really should learn to pay attention! I have your mutant and I have your world.
- Umagon: Kill him! Forget about me! Don't let him win!
- [the building trembles from sudden explosion]
- McNeil: Your missile's grounded. It's over.
- Kane: You're only delaying the inevitable. I have the Tacitus. I am invincible. The Tacitus told me of tiberium missiles. Of invulnerable flying ships. Of real-time genetic mutation. More than alien. More than human. The next step of our evolution as a species!
- McNeil: You're not God, Kane.
- Kane: [scoffs] No, I'm not God. But I'm a close second.
- [another explosion knocks Kane off balance, allowing Umagon to release herself. McNeil lunges at Kane, pushing them both off-screen. A few shots are fired and Kane emerges, seemingly unharmed]
- Kane: I am the future. The tiberian sun has risen...!
- [he stops, examining himself and finding out that he is in fact bleeding profusely from his chest. He then looks towards McNeil, coming at him]
- McNeil: Not on my world! [impales Kane with a tiberium shard, killing him] That's an order.
- McNeil: I love to win.
- Umagon: Not bad for a blunt.
- CABAL: The division of Hassan's elite guard is closing in on our position. The probability of a favourable outcome could be increased, if we retreat to our main base and engage the enemy as they move.
- Slavik: Define 'favourable outcome', CABAL.
- CABAL: They all die.
- Slavik: That'll do.
- Hassan: I have trouble.
- Solomon: Just tell me Slavik is dead.
- Hassan: Escaped.
- Solomon: You expect me to believe that?
- Hassan: Framing him as one of your spies was a big mistake. He's more support than we thought!
- Solomon: Well then, cover it up and kill him before the truth comes out. And, Hassan? If he gains more power, you will become useless to us. And useless things have a way of disappearing.
[after false news of Oxanna's death were announced in Nod propaganda TV]
- Slavik: [sarcastically] I heard of your death, Lieutenant. Rest in peace.
- Slavik: Brotherhood! We... are... whole again! The sickness... has been cut out!
- [soldiers bring in Hassan and Slavik puts the knife to his neck]
- Slavik: In the name of Kane!
- Audience: Kane lives in death!
- Slavik: In the name of Kane!
- Audience: Kane lives in death!
- Slavik: IN THE NAME OF KANE!
- [Kane suddenly appears on the screen]
- Kane: KANE LIVES! [to Hassan] Rule of the thumb, Hassan. You can't kill a messiah.
- [Slavik slits Hassan's throat, killing him]
- Audience: Kane! Kane! Kane!
- Kane: Arise, my people. I have returned. Never to leave your side again. GDI sought to destroy me, but they have only made me stronger. Today, we march forward into our future. A stronger people. A divine people. Enhanced for the tiberium world. The time has come to claim this world as our own! The time has come to destroy GDI! One vision, one purpose!
- Audience: The technology of peace!
- Kane: Peace through power!
- Everybody: PEACE THROUGH POWER! PEACE THROUGH POWER!
[after Slavik and Oxanna have been captured by GDI soldiers under McNeil]
- Slavik: I should have known this would be a trap.
- McNeil: I would have.
- Umagon: There is no antidote for Tiberium. Divination is death.
- Oxanna: For the weak.
- Umagon: We'll see how strong you are back at interrogation.
- McNeil: Tell me, Slavik, did your all-knowing god mention that you will die today?
- Slavik: I live for Kane and I die for Kane. The difference is trivial.
- [one of GDI troopers injects him in the neck]
- McNeil: How's it feel to be a guinea pig this time?
- [he gives a nod to his soldiers, who take Slavik and Oxanna away]
- McNeil: Name is McNeil, when they ask who'd beat you.
- Kane: I am pleased with your success.
- Slavik: Your thoughts are my actions.
[as Philadelphia space station is being destroyed]
- Slavik: Peaceful, isn't it?
- McNeil: NOOO!
[The sixth Allied cutscene]
- General Carville: Dr. Einstein, you still there?
- Einstein: Ja, ja! I'm hier, one moment! Well, commander, you know, of course, that war, it is not my vocation! I am only a scientist... But Soviet Premier Romanov und his generals, they will stop at nothing to rule the minds und the bodies of everyone on the planet — und they do have the psychic technology to do this! I, too... I know a few tricks... These are plans for a Prism Tower. Your president, he has expressed great interest in its application!
- General Carville: Thanks, Doc. Commander, the Reds have established a forward base near DC with the ability to deploy Tesla Coils. Now they're pretty well entrenched — but I think if we can take the capital back, we can turn the tide. I'm tired of hanging out in Canada. Get me my office back!
[When the player builds the Chronosphere]
- Premier Romanov: This message goes out to hidden commander. Who continues to dance, but ceases to amuse! Now is time to submit to Soviet supremacy, commander. After you feel pain from my nuclear bombs, you will wish for another chance!
- Einstein: Well, commander. I've learned it is never a good idea to play around with the forces of nature. But with this evil Romanov running loose again, we have no choice! This Weather Control Device provides very advanced manipulation of the weather patterns. These are God's toys, commander... use them wisely, ja?
[At the beginning of the Allied Mission]
- Eva: Commander, good morning. We have instituted the president's emergency Lazarus Protocol. I'm Lieutenant Eva; The intel officer assigned to your command. Since you're the only commander left alive, I'm pretty lucky to have a job.
- Yuri: [on Intro] No tricks, Mr. President. In a few moments, I will unleash a tidal wave of psychic energy designed to dominate the minds of the entire planet. There will be no more free will, only my will.
- Tanya: [spots Einstein] Professor! Doc! Hey, you still got that Time Machine, right? Good. Could you send me back, like, two hours ago? I don't think you got your timeline straight. [to the general] Catch you on the replay.
- Eva: [on a mission in Hollywood] It looks like Yuri's got the studio filming another dinosaur movie. He's not very creative, is he?
- Eva: And I thought the Brute was bad! Yuri calls this thing a Mastermind. It's basically a big brain on wheels that mind controls everything that gets near it. Don't get near it.
- Kane: And he cried in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" And Lazarus did arise from the grave...I have always believed that faith was measured in deeds, not words. And while many of my children worshiped my name, their deeds betrayed them.
- Kane: The destruction of the Philadelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod!
- Kane: Good afternoon, Commander. You must be lost. This is not your precious Blue Zone, this is Nod territory. Tell you what, I'll have my forces send you home... in a body bag.
- Kane: In the slums of Rio, the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten! They have NOTHING! ... BUT! THEIR! ANGER! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration! PEACE! THROUGH! POWER!
- Soldier: [taunting the Scrin forces] Get back to Mars... Or wherever you came from!
- Soldier 1: What's that?
- Soldier 2: It looks like an local ion storm.
- Soldier 1: But that's impossible!
- Soldier 2: Yeah, tell that to the aliens.
[After killing Einstein in 1927, the Soviets return to the present to find the Premier’s office fully restored]
- Krukov: I do not understand.
- Zelinksy: We have altered the past and changed the present.
- [Communications officer Dasha appears on a screen in the wall]
- Dasha: There you are sir. I have the reports from the front that you requested.
- Krukov: Excellent. What do you have for me?
- Dasha: Excuse me General, I meant Premier Cherdenko
- [Cherdenko smiles]
- Dasha: Sir, the Allies are on the run. Soon, western Europe will be ours!
- Cherdenko: You hear that General? Our enemies have been defeated!
[After Yoshiro has issued his ultimatum]
- Dasha: Sir, it appears the Empire has launched a full scale assault.
- Krukov: What empire?
- Dasha: The Empire of the Rising Sun, ofcourse!
- Zelinsky: We now have two mortal enemies?
- Krukov: We must unleash our nuclear weapons. Annihilate them all!
- Dasha: Excuse me, General?
- Krukov: Our nuclear weapons? Our atomic bombs!
- Zelinsky: Don’t you understand, without Einstein there is no nuclear weapons, because we have altered the space-time continuum. Oh, who knows what nightmares we have created.
[The third Soviet cutscene]
- Cherdenko: Another victory commander. I knew my faith in you was not misplaced. [Krukov appears] General.
- Krukov: We have pushed the Empire out of march of the Motherland, but we will never win this war without our navy. We need to recapture our port at Vladivostok.
- Cherdenko: Why don't we assign the young Commander to that task?
- Krukov: Don't be ridiculous Cherdenko. The Empire has a massive force there. This is not an operation for a novice. We need someone with vast experience.
- Cherdenko: I have full confidence that the Commander will be victorious.
- Krukov: I don't share your confidence.
- Cherdenko: I appreciate your point of view, General, but this is not your decision.
- Krukov: Yes, you have made that quite clear. [Krukov leaves]
- Cherdenko: Commander, the General was correct about one thing; we need our navy if we are going to win this war. Destroy the imperial forces occupying our port!
- Yuriko: I've been through Hell to find you!
- Eva: Greetings, Commander! It's a pleasure working with you again, sir. We terminated your vacation because the situation is dire. The Soviets have resumed their attacks! Our intel is in the dark, and our defenses have been caught off-guard by the sudden aggression. The Soviet army gained considerable ground, and massive forces are heading towards Germany. We must slow them down while we prepare our counteroffensive.
- Bronislav: Comrade, you are one of our last surviving commanding officers. So it is on you that we place the burden of reviving the injured spirit of our people.
- Natasha: Hello, commander. I have heard some interesting things about you. We'll see how you handle yourself on the battlefield.
Tiberian Twilight (2010)Edit
- Kane: Brothers... sisters... I have a proposition.
- Kane: You're too fragile... You are all so...fragile.
- Kane: Humanity has always had a penchant for fanaticism. I have always found it...useful."
- Hal Lynch: Now I've felt how it is being Shiva, the destroyer of worlds.
- Albert W. Eckhart: If it's on terra firma, the Steel Talons can crush it like a soda can. It's when you kick a beehive full of Nod flyers that you start wishing there was a bunch of Sandstorms in your loadout.
Command & Conquer: GeneralsEdit
Command & Conquer: Generals Zero hourEdit
- Chinese advisor: Thanks to your remarkable effort. The GLA are all but finished. US intel located the last GLA base outside of Handburg. Unfortunately we were too late to help the Americans in this area and the GLA has captured their base. Build your forces and destroy the GLA and the US Bases.