Cocoon: The Return
Cocoon: The Return is a 1988 science fiction film and the sequel to the 1985 film Cocoon. The old age pensioners that left at the end of the first film come back to Earth to visit their relatives. They are faced with the dilemma about whether to go back to the planet where no one grows old, or be tempted to stay back on Earth.
- Directed by Daniel Petrie. Written by Stephen McPherson.
Art Selwyn Edit
- There's no justice! If there were, it'd be me in there instead of her! I'd trace places with her in a heartbeat!
Ben Luckettt Edit
- Last one in is a pantywaist!
Bernie Lefkowitz Edit
- You work all your life, you pay taxes, you're a good citizen, and what do you end up with? A tight rug.
- Here is an eagle who just found out his teenage daughter is pregnant.
- [about the pleasing shock of suddenly seeing all of his long-away friends again] For crying out loud!
Jack Bonner Edit
- You're my favorite Martian.
- Ruby: You know, when you want to, you can sure do a good impression of an old fart.
- Art Selwyn: Joe loved the beach.
- Ben Luckett: He didn't give a shit about the beach. It was them smooth legged girls in them dental floss bikinis, that's what he liked.
- Art Selwyn: How'd you guys sleep?
- Joe Finley: Alma didn't sleep a wink.
- Art Selwyn: You're kidding.
- Joe Finley: No. Neither did I.
- Art Selwyn: You dog!
- Art Selwyn: Beautiful beach, a sunny day and good friends. What more can a man ask for?
- Joe Finley: [pointing to young girls in bikinis] Can I have some of that please?
- Ruby: Most people our age are a pain in the ass.
- Bernie Lefkowitz: Most people our age are *dead*.
- Joe Finley: I'm so tired.
- Alma Finley: [cries] Then go ahead and rest, dear.
- Doctor: Mr. Selwyn?
- Art Selwyn: [about his wife, Bess] That's me, Doctor! How is she?
- Doctor: She's fine, considering her age. And the fact that she's six weeks pregnant.
- Ben Luckett: [chuckles, and to Art says] Why you smutty ol' devil.
- Doctor: [shaking Art's hand who's babbling "Pregnant?"] Very impressive, Mr. Selwyn. This one's definitely going in the books.
- [Art is gladly congratulated by his friends]
- Don Ameche - Art Selwyn
- Wilford Brimley - Ben Luckett
- Hume Cronyn - Joe Finley
- Courteney Cox - Sara
- Brian Dennehy - Walter
- Jack Gilford - Bernie Lefkowitz
- Steve Guttenberg - Jack Bonner
- Maureen Stapleton - Mary Luckett
- Jessica Tandy - Alma Finey
- Gwen Verdon - Bess McCarthy-Selwyn
- Herta Ware - Rosie Lefkowitz
- Tahnee Welch - Kitty
- Barret Oliver - David
- Linda Harrison - Susan
- Tyrone Power, Jr. - Pillsbury
- Clint Howard - John Dexter
- Charles Lampkin - Pops