Close Enough is an American adult animated sitcom created by J. G. Quintel for HBO Max. The series revolves around a millennial couple who are in their early thirties with their five-year-old daughter and their divorced friends who live with them in a Los Angeles duplex.
- Calamari: My name is Calamari. And these are my friends—Walleye, Tilapia, Troutface, and Scrode.
- Scrode: It's pronounced "Scrawd"!
- Josh: We're not your parents!
- Calamari: Of course you are. That was the price for the quilt, remember? Remember? [spiders crawl out of her mouth]
The Perfect HouseEdit
- Josh: Hey, how'd you guys get here so fast? I only ordered it like 20 minutes ago.
- Delivery Guy: Says here you ordered it three days ago.
- Josh: THREE DAYS?! Where the hell is Emily?!
- Jaxon: So what's up girl? Wanna come back to my crib?
- Bridgette: Okay, but just a hang out. I'm not some YouTube croupy.
- Jaxon: That's cool. We'll do a little screen time. PBS Kids and chill. Get my mom to whoop us up get some snacks.
- Bridgette: Oh, you still live with your mom?
- Jaxon: And weekends with my dad's. He's so strong.
- Bridgette: Wait, how old are you?
- Jaxon: Me? I just turned 26. [Bridgette sighs] Months. 26 months.
- Bridgette: What?
- Nikki: Do you work out? Actually, don't answer; I wanna find out organically.
- [as Josh gets sent to an ambulance]
- Candice: Daddy, what's an ass knife?
- Josh: Uh, huh. That's a different lesson!
100% No Stress DayEdit
- [Josh, Alex and Candice sneak in and hide behind a wooden crate and hey watch the meat being produced]
- Candice: Aw sick! Look at what they're putting in the meat!
- [the Wurst Bros employees pouring dead animal parts into the meat processing machines]
- Alex: That is...so gross.
- Josh: Dude, look up there! [reads a pig-shaped sign reading "Not Stolen Hams"] I bet there's hams in there.
- [a muscular man approaches Josh and Alex from behind and bangs their heads together, knocking them out. Candice is left untouched]
- Muscular Man: Factory Tour's on Thursdays. [he picks up Candice] Hello sweetie, I have the perfect place for you.
- Emily: [sees Candice leave her seat] Candice, what are you doing?
- Candice: Proving I'm not dumb!
- Commercial Bot: No matter. I'm password protected. [Candice types up the password] You'll never guess my-
- Student: It's like that dude Sisyphus. He kept trying to push that car up the mountain, but he couldn't handle it, and he quit.
- Alex: Eh, technically, Sisyphus couldn't quit. But you know what? You got most of it.
- Lee: Well, check this out, Dorp. You're our Sisyphus.
- Alex: [tears of joy] Wah, wah, wee, wah.