American television news reporter
|This Journalist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- In keeping with the WXLT practice of presenting the most immediate and complete reports of local blood and guts news, TV 40 presents what is believed to be a television first. In living color, an exclusive coverage of an attempted suicide.
- On July 15, 1974 at 9:38 AM, 8 minutes into her talk show, Suncoast Digest, on WXLT-TV. Moments later, Chubbuck produced a pistol from beneath her newsdesk and fatally shot herself in the head.
Quotes about Christine ChubbuckEdit
- She had written something like 'TV 40 news personality Christine Chubbuck shot herself in a live broadcast this morning on a Channel 40 talk program. She was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital, where she remains in critical condition.
- Mike Simmons, TV-40 news director, in Wire reports. "Newswoman shoots self on live TV," The Dallas Morning News, July 16, 1974, page 1A.
- Quinn, Sally: "Christine Chubbuck: 29, Good-Looking, Educated. A Television Personality. Dead. Live and in Color (PDF)", Washington Post, (4 August 1974)