The Children's Machine, or 2B1, is an inexpensive laptop computer intended to provide every child in the world access to knowledge and modern forms of education. It was previously known as the $100 Laptop. The laptop is being developed by the One Laptop per Child (OLPC) trade association.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Children will be able to learn by doing, not just through instruction - they will be able to open up new fronts for their education, particularly peer-to-peer learning.
- Whatever big problem you can imagine, from world peace to the environment to hunger to poverty, the solution always includes education. We need to depend more on peer-to-peer and self-driven learning.
- One laptop per child: Children are your most precious resource, and they can do a lot of self-learning and peer-to-peer teaching. Bingo. End of story.
- Nicholas Negroponte, Tech evangelist Nicholas Negroponte wants to outfit the world's children to improve education (16 November 2005)
- Computers and Laptops - Couponconnexion