Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁; chén shuǐ biǎn; born October 12, 1950), Taiwanese politician, has been the President of the Republic of China from May 20, 2000 to May 20, 2008.
- Is it that serious？
- I'm going to improve the economy in Taiwan！
- Is A-bian wrong? (Chen is colloquially referred to as A-Bian)
- I shall set up National Economic Development Advisory Conference to improve the economy in Taiwan
- (During the official speech of his first anniversary of presidency, May 19, 2001.）
Regarding to "improving the economy in Taiwan"Edit
- I will improve the economy. At least, i think I can.
- After I improved our foreign affairs, I shall improve the economy in Taiwan.（CKS Airport, June, 5, 2001)
- Now my daughter's wedding is finished, I shall improve the economy in Taiwan. (During his daughter's wedding banquet, September 27, 2001)
- I will improve the economy in Taiwan with full force! (DPP Campaign speech, November 5, 2001)
- The new government will have three major improvements. It is time to improve the economy in Taiwan. (Speech to the World Federation of Taiwanese Associations, March 17, 2002)
- The government will improve the economy in Taiwan with full force. (Speech to the Rotary Club, May 12, 2002)
- Now I am a grandfather, I am very content. I can focus on improving the economy in Taiwan now.
(After his daughter gave birth to his grandson, October 7, 2002)
- In the future I will focus on improving the economy, making big changes to win back the support from the public. (DPP Campaign speech, December 7, 2002)
- The most important task in my term is to improve the economy. (During his campaign for reelection, April 12, 2003)
- I would like to use this opportunity to emphasise again the determination of the government to work with the private sectors to improve the economy. (During the opening of Longan Season in Nantau, August 30, 2003)
- To improve the economy is not just a slogan, it requires tangible actions! (During the opening of the Formosa Freeway, January 11, 2004)
- Every member in my government team is improving the economy of Taiwan. (November 19, 2004)
- After my son get married, finally I can focus on improving the economy of taiwan (During the engagement party of his son, June 11, 2005)
- After KMT elects its leader, we can together start to improve the economy of Taiwan. (June 27, 2005)
- After the end of the year election and the set up of the second National Economic Development Advisory Conference, I shall start to improve the economy. (November 1, 2005)
- In my remaining term of around two years, I shall improve the economy in full force!
（During the meeting with his supporters from Hualian, April 8, 2006)
- The son of Taiwan is the cattle of Taiwan. (Chen refers to himself as the son of Taiwan, and this means he will work hard on the economy issues like a farm cattle, September 9, 2006)
Regarding to setting up the new constitution and independecy of TaiwanEdit
- I have to admit that I cannot lie to myself nor to anyone else. I cannot do what I am not able to do. I am not able to change the name of the country to the Republic of Taiwan during my presidency term, and the ex-president Lee Teng-hui also could not do it during his twelve-year as the president. I believe that even if he was the president now, he could still not be able to do it. (During the video conference with some MPs of EU parliament, March 1, 2005)
- I just cannot declare the independency of Taiwan. Even if Lee Teng-hui was the president now, he could also not do it! (During Sanlih News Channel interview, 2005)
- All the problems in Taiwan are caused by a lack of adequate and new constitution of Taiwan.
Money laundering scandalEdit
- "Money is dry, it cannot be washed; money is clean, not dirty, it does not need to be washed."