former president of Taiwan
- Is it that serious？
- I'm going to improve the economy in Taiwan！
- Is A-bian wrong? (Chen is colloquially referred to as A-Bian)
- I shall set up National Economic Development Advisory Conference to improve the economy in Taiwan
- During the official speech of his first anniversary of presidency, May 19, 2001
- After I improved our foreign affairs, I shall improve the economy in Taiwan.
- CKS Airport, June, 5, 2001
- Now my daughter's wedding is finished, I shall improve the economy in Taiwan.
- During his daughter's wedding banquet, September 27, 2001
- I will improve the economy in Taiwan with full force!
- DPP Campaign speech, November 5, 2001
- The new government will have three major improvements. It is time to improve the economy in Taiwan.
- Speech to the World Federation of Taiwanese Associations, March 17, 2002
- The government will improve the economy in Taiwan with full force.
- Speech to the Rotary Club, May 12, 2002
- Now I am a grandfather, I am very content. I can focus on improving the economy in Taiwan now.
- After his daughter gave birth to his grandson, October 7, 2002
- In the future I will focus on improving the economy, making big changes to win back the support from the public.
- DPP Campaign speech, December 7, 2002
- The most important task in my term is to improve the economy.
- During his campaign for re-election, April 12, 2003
- I would like to use this opportunity to emphasise again the determination of the government to work with the private sectors to improve the economy.
- During the opening of Longan Season in Nantau, August 30, 2003
- To improve the economy is not just a slogan, it requires tangible actions!
- During the opening of the Formosa Freeway, January 11, 2004
- Every member in my government team is improving the economy of Taiwan.
- November 19, 2004
- I have to admit that I cannot lie to myself nor to anyone else. I cannot do what I am not able to do. I am not able to change the name of the country to the Republic of Taiwan during my presidency term, and the ex-president Lee Teng-hui also could not do it during his twelve-year as the president. I believe that even if he was the president now, he could still not be able to do it.
- During the video conference with some MPs of EU parliament, March 1, 2005
- After my son get married, finally I can focus on improving the economy of Taiwan
- During the engagement party of his son, June 11, 2005
- After KMT elects its leader, we can together start to improve the economy of Taiwan.
- June 27, 2005
- After the end of the year election and the set up of the second National Economic Development Advisory Conference, I shall start to improve the economy.
- November 1, 2005
- In my remaining term of around two years, I shall improve the economy in full force!
- During the meeting with his supporters from Hwalien, April 8, 2006
- The son of Taiwan is the cattle of Taiwan.
- Chen refers to himself as the son of Taiwan, and this means he will work hard on the economy issues like a farm cattle, September 9, 2006
- Money is dry, it cannot be washed; money is clean, not dirty, it does not need to be washed.
Regarding to improving the economy in TaiwanEdit
- I will improve the economy. At least, I think I can.
Regarding to setting up the new constitution and independence of TaiwanEdit
- I just cannot declare the independency of Taiwan. Even if Lee Teng-hui was the president now, he could also not do it! (During Sanlih News Channel interview, 2005)
- All the problems in Taiwan are caused by a lack of adequate and new constitution of Taiwan.