Cheaper by the Dozen (1950 film)
1950 film by Walter Lang
- Directed by Walter Lang. Written by Lamar Trotti, based on the 1948 book Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank Gilbreth.
He's the New Father of His Country!
Frank Bunker Gilbreth edit
- No person with inner dignity is ever embarrassed.
- Repairman: All those kids yours, mister. Or is this a picnic?
- Frank: They're all mine and believe me, it's no picnic!
- Man on street: Hey, Noah. What are you doing with that Ark?
- Frank: Collecting animals like the good Lord told me brother. All we need now is a jackass. Hop in!
- Mailman: All those kids yours?
- Frank: Oh, these aren't so many. You ought to see the ones we left behind.
- Mailman: How you ever feed them?
- Frank: Oh, they come cheaper by the dozen.
- Frank: [escorting Anne out of the house on her first date] I know it's not your fault, Lillie, but things would have been a whole lot easier if you'd taken my advice and had all boys.
- Lillian: I'm sorry, dear. I'll try to be more careful with the next dozen.
- Clifton Webb - Frank Bunker Gilbreth
- Jeanne Crain - Ann Gilbreth
- Myrna Loy - Mrs. Lillian Gilbreth
- Betty Lynn - Deborah Lancaster
- Edgar Buchanan - Dr. Burton
- Barbara Bates - Ernestine Gilbreth
- Mildred Natwick - Mrs. Mebane
- Sara Allgood - Mrs. Monahan
- Jimmy Hunt - William Gilbreth
- Carol Nugent - Lillie Gilbreth
- Norman Ollestad - Frank Gilbreth Jr.
- Evelyn Varden - School Principal
- Craig Hill - Tom