Charlie Chan at the Opera
1936 film by H. Bruce Humberstone
Charlie Chan at the Opera is a 1936 film about a dangerous amnesiac who escapes from an asylum, hides in the opera house, and is suspected of getting revenge on those who tried to murder him thirteen years ago.
A fiendish killer lurks at the opera! Weird! Thrilling! The Master Minds of Crime Match Wits Against Each Other! (taglines)
- Small things sometimes tell large story.
- Honorable father once say, "Politeness golden key that open many doors."
- Roses and romance like tenor in opera - sing most persuasive love song.
- Very old Chinese wise man once say, "Madness twin bvrother of genius because each live in world created by own ego. One sometimes mistaken for the other."
- Man who ride on merry-go-round often enough finally catch brass ring.
- I'm stage manager here and this opera's going on tonight even if Frankenstein walks in.
- Did you ever see a baritone you could trust?
- Sergeant Kelly: I don't like that guy Borelli! I think he uses perfume!
- Sanitarium Guard 1: What's the mater Joe? Nervous?
- Sanitarium Guard 2: Aw this job gives me gooseflesh. You're new here, but in a couple of months you'll get as jumpy as me.
- Sanitarium Guard 1: Hey I've worked around sanitariums before, it's not so bad. I like the cuckoos myself. They're the same as anyone else only they're smart enough to admit they're nuts.
- Charlie Chan: Case still wide open like swinging gate.
- Sergeant Kelly: Watta yuh mean?
- Charlie Chan: Gravelle not murderer.
- Inspector Regan: Not Gravelle?
- Charlie Chan: Excuse please, will demonstrate hypothesis.
- Sergeant Kelly: What?
- Charlie Chan: Word of Greek origin, hypo meaning...
- Sergeant Kelly: [interrupting] Hypo! I get it! He's hittin' the pipe again!
- Lee Chan: I knew we were on the right track Pop! The first time I saw Madam Borelli, I was sure she was guilty, because... [the visor on his helmet slams shut, cutting him off]
- Charlie Chan: Case now closed.
- A fiendish killer lurks at the opera! Weird! Thrilling! The Master Minds of Crime Match Wits Against Each Other!
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|