Charles Murray (author)
American libertarian political scientist, author, and columnist
Charles Alan Murray (born January 8, 1943) is an American libertarian political scientist, author, columnist, and pundit working as a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington, DC.
|This article about a sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Educational romanticism asks too much from students at the bottom of the intellectual pile, asks the wrong things from those in the middle, and asks too little from those at the top.
- The United States Congress, acting with large bipartisan majorities, at the urging of the President, enacted as the law of the land that all children are to be above average.
- You’re out of touch with reality in that regard.
- People need self-respect, but self-respect must be earned -- it cannot be self-respect if it's not earned -- and the only way to earn anything is to achieve it in the face of the possibility of failing.
- Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010.
- Crown Forum (2012); ISBN10: 0307453421; ISBN13: 9780307453426.