Champion (1949 film)
1949 American film directed by Mark Robson
Every woman goes for a Champion.taglines
- For the first time in my life, people cheering for me. Were you deaf? Didn't you hear 'em? We're not hitchhiking any more. We're riding!
- This is a celebration. Midge is getting a shot at the title, and he's got a new manager... a blonde.
- You know what a "Golem" is? I think I knew all the time I was building one.
- Connie Kelly: Oh, this rotten business!
- Midge Kelly: Awww, lay off the business. It's like any other business, only here the blood shows.
- This is the only sport in the world where two guys get paid for doing something they'd be arrested for if they got drunk and did it for nothing.
- Every woman goes for a Champion.
- Kirk Douglas - Michael "Midge" Kelly
- Marilyn Maxwell - Grace Diamond
- Arthur Kennedy - Connie Kelly
- Paul Stewart - Tommy Haley
- Ruth Roman - Emma Bryce
- Lola Albright - Palmer Harris
- Luis Van Rooten - Jerome "Jerry" Harris
- Harry Shannon as Lew Bryce
- Esther Howard - Midge Kelly's mother
- John Daheim - Johnny Dunne