US track & field athlete
Frederick Carlton "Carl" Lewis (born July 1, 1961) is a retired American track and field athlete who won 10 Olympic medals including 9 golds, and 10 World Championships medals, of which 8 were golds, in a career that spanned from 1979 when he first achieved a world ranking to 1996 when he last won an Olympic title and subsequently retired.
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I want to be a millionaire, and I don't ever want a real job.
- To his University of Houston track coach, Tom Tellez, on his first day of track practice, 1979.
- Carl Lewis.com (URL accessed on October 21, 2008)
- In fact, my best year of track competition was the first year I ate a vegan diet. Moreover, by continuing to eat a vegan diet, my weight is under control, I like the way I look. (I know that sounds vain, but all of us want to like the way we look.) I enjoy eating more, and I feel great. … I remember vividly making the decision in July of 1990 to become a vegan. … And I had my best year as an athlete ever! … Your body is your temple. If you nourish it properly, it will be good to you and you will increase its longevity.
- Introduction to Very Vegetarian by Jannequin Bennett (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2001, ISBN 1-55853-952-2)