Cardcaptor Sakura (カードキャプターさくら , Kādokyaputā Sakura?), also known as Card Captor Sakura (with the space) and often abbreviated as CCS, is a magical girl manga series from the well-known all-female artist team CLAMP. It is about a girl named Sakura Kinomoto who opens a book one day and becomes the "cardcaptor"-someone charged with collecting the Clow Cards, which were scattered from the book. She is helped by Syaoran Li, Cerberus (nicknamed Kero by Sakura), and her friend Tomoyo Daidouji. Throughout both the manga and anime series, Syaoran and Sakura have feelings for one another, which they finally reveal to each other in the end.
In 2018, a second anime series, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, is set take place two years after The Sealed Card movie.
Sakura and the Mysterious BookEdit
Sakura's Wonderful FriendEdit
Sakura's Heart-Racing First DateEdit
- Sakura: (after Touya ate her pancake) You're so mean! (starts hitting Touya) You ate without asking! Those were the hot cakes I bought with my allowance!
- Kero: Come to think, you're right. There's no way you would drown, Sakura. You don't have much beyond your athletic abilities.
- Sakura: What do you mean, not much else? I won't give you hot cakes anymore, then!
- Kero: (about Sakura and Yukito) What, they're not even holding hands? Kids nowadays...
- Kid: Mr. Plush Toy!
- Kero: Young one...You'll get hurt if you mess with me.
- Kero: It's hard to capture things with no solid shape, like water. Watery is one of the higher magic spells Clow Cards too. The four basic elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind are rather difficult to use. Furthermore, Watery is an offensive card, so it's got quite a temper.
- Kero: Someone almost drowned? Was it you, Sakura!?
- Sakura: No, Kero. You weren't really listening to me were you?
Sakura's Tiring DayEdit
- Sakura: Maybe it's a ghost...
- Kero: They don't appear in broad daylight.
- Sakura: Maybe some do!
- Touya: (About Yukito) He eats at least three times as much as I do.
- Sakura: Three times?
- Yukito:: Go ahead and have some too, Sakura. It's my treat.
- Sakura:: Kero is waiting for me at home, so...
- Yukito: Kero...?
- Sakura: Uh, um, nothing!
- Sakura: How are you doing, Kero? (Shows Kero putting laundry into the washing machine)
- Kero: Just because there's nobody home right now. Why do I have to do something like this? (Falls into the washing machine, and crawls out) OH MY, I GUESS I'M GOING TO BE DIZZY TODAY.
- Sakura: (She didn't hear Kero) Oh yeah! When this is done I'll have some ice cream with Kero-chan!
- Kero: Well then I guess I'll do some chores...
- Sakura: Good morning!
- Fujitaka: Good morning, Sakura.
- Touya: The monster is on cloud nine...
(Sakura holds up a fist and looks irritated, then turns around and smiles)
- Sakura: I'll forgive you today!
- (Sakura screams)
- Tomoyo and Kero: What!?
- Sakura: Look!
- (The house is messy again)
- Sakura: Now I have to clean it up again
- Tomoyo: I'll help you.
- Sakura and Kero: (crying and hugging Tomoyo) Thank you...
Sakura, Panda and a Cute ShopEdit
Sakura and Her Memories of Her MotherEdit
Sakura's First Attempt as a ThiefEdit
Yuki: DAMN IT! (The Silent movies her finger to her lips, everything becomes silent) Kero: (enlarges his shadow with a flashlight) All right listen up. I'm the guardian angel of this place. Leave immediately. Yuki: W-What do you mean guardian angel? You're the one who is messing with the painting!!
Tomoyo: (about the incident) The art in the museum moved? Sakura: Yeah, and suddenly, I couldn't hear anything...Although it was only an instant...Can it be something like...The curse of an unfortunate artist who died an unlucky death...I'm sure that painting is cursed! And so... Tomoyo: Was it that scary? Sakura: It wasn't scary at all back then.
Tomoyo: What are the powers of The Silent? Sakura: In the afternoon, all it did was make sound disappear. Kero: That's not all. If it shushes, not only does sound disappear, but at the same time... Sakura: At the same time...? Kero: I'm not sure.
(Sakura and Tomoyo fall over)
Sakura: And you call yourself the Beast of the Seal!?
(The Guard looks at the picture already back to normal Sakura and Tomoyo watches him)
Guard: It's terrible! The Picture has changed! (runs down the hallway in fear)
Sakura's Rival AppearsEdit
Sakura and the Mysterious BroachEdit
Sakura and the Sports Day of FlowersEdit
Sakura, Tomoyo and the MansionEdit
Sakura's Never-Ending DayEdit
Sakura and the Elephant's Test of StrengthEdit
Sakura, Toya and CinderellaEdit
Sakura and Kero's Big FightEdit
Sakura and the Rainbow of MemoriesEdit
Sakura's Scary Test of CourageEdit
Sakura, Yukito and the Summer FestivalEdit
Sakura and the Summer Holiday HomeworkEdit
Transfer Student vs. SakuraEdit
Sakura's Long Marathon RaceEdit
Sakura and Her kind FatherEdit
Sakura, Toyomo and a Wonderful SongEdit
Sakura's Little AdventureEdit
Sakura and One More SakuraEdit
Yukito: Sakura, you're very good at cleaning.
Sakura: I don't think so.
Touya: She's not usually like this. She breaks things all over the place like a monster. You can't tell if she's cleaning or making a mess.
(Sakura tries to stomp on Touya's foot, but misses and hurts her own)
Kero: What's up? You look awfully happy, Sakura.
Sakura: How do I look? Yukito cut my hair for me.
Kero: You haven't changed one bit!
Sakura: Yukito really can do everything! He's very athletic, and wonderful...
Touya: (Calling from downstairs) Sakura, help us down here!
Kero: I just don't understand girls in love.
Sakura and the Wonderful TeacherEdit
Sakura and the Shrine of MemoriesEdit
Sakura and the Enchanted CardsEdit
Sakura's Sweet CookingEdit
Sakura and the Injured CardEdit
Sakura and the Nameless BookEdit
Meiling: That card was definitely Syaoran's!
Kero: Well, that's the difference in ability.
Meiling: That was luck! If the huge cat didn't get in the way, the card would've been Syaoran's!
Kero: Don't you mean the cat would've eaten him up if Sakura hadn't sealed it away?
Meiling: What was that!?
Kero: Are you picking a fight, brat!?
Sakura: You guys...
Tomoyo: I am so happy!
Kero: Tomoyo's happiness is very simple.
Tomoyo: Being able to spend time with someone I care about, having her wear cute clothing, and being able to record her on video. This is the epitome of bliss!
Kero: Yeah, you can even record my ultra-handsome self!
Touya: You're being loud so early in the morning.
Sakura: I'm not being loud!
Touya: A monster's footsteps resonate.
Sakura: I am not a monster!
Touya: Don't you think you've gained some weight recently? The sky looms closer to the monster, as it fattens up in autumn...
Sakura: I am not fat!
Touya: But then, you're not growing any taller either.
Sakura, Kero and SyaoranEdit
Sakura's Freezing Ice-Skating ExperienceEdit
- "The Freeze" Card is sealed by Sakura, but goes to Syaoran.
Sakura, Yukito and the Midday MoonEdit
Sakura's Wonderful ChristmasEdit
- Kero: So the card is once again Sakura's. And it's a high-ranking card, too!
- Syaoran: Even with your powers back, you're still a plush toy.
- Kero: What was that!? Try saying that again!
- Syaoran: I'll say it as much as I want! Plush toy, plush toy, plush toy!
- This Season 1 finale is immediately followed by the first movie.
Season Two (Episodes 36-46)Edit
Sakura and the Snowy School TermEdit
- This Season 2 premiere takes place after the events of the first movie.
Sakura and Tyomo's Lost VoiceEdit
Sakura's Fun Strawberry Picking AdventureEdit
Sakura's Dizzy Fever DayEdit
Sakura and the Sakura from the DreamEdit
Sakura, Syaoran and the Sea of SandEdit
- "The Sand" Card is sealed by Sakura, who gives it to Sayaoran in gratitude for giving her "the Cloud" in "Sakura's Dizzy Fever Day"
Sakura and the Blacked-out School FestivalEdit
- Sakura seals both "the Light" and "the Dark" Cards.
- The Light Card: The final judgement will come from Yue. Do your best. We hope for you to be our master.
- Sakura: Yue?
- The Light Card: He has been right side you this whole time.
Sakura's Farewell to MeilingEdit
- Syaoran: This is a cake..?
- Wei: It is filled with Meiling's feelings.
- Syaoran: But still...
- Wei: I perceive that you have a big heart, Syaoran. Are you worried about such a little thing?
- Syaoran: But this isn't it. She always suddenly grab onto me...
- Meiling appears and tackles Syaoran)
- Meiling: Syaoran!!
- Syaoran: You know, how many times do I have to tell you not to grab me like that... What's wrong?
- Meiling: I don't want to go home!
- Meiling: Hey, why did you start to like that guy?
- Sakura: U-Um... He's in my big brother's class... and he came over to visit, and...
- Meiling: Love at first sight?
- Sakura: ...Yeah. W-W-What about you, Meiling?
- Meiling: For me... it's not love at first sight...
- "The Twin" Card is beaten by the combined martial arts of Syaoran and Meiling; as such goes to Syaoran.
Sakura, Kero and the Mysterious TeacherEdit
Sakura and the Last CardEdit
- Sakura captures "the Earthy" which is, as the title suggests, the fifty-second and final Clow Card captured.
Sakura and the Final JudgementEdit
- This is the Season 2 finale.
- The debut of the second Guardian of the Clow Cards, in addition to Keroberos, Yue, symbolizes the moon.
- By defeating Yue, with "the Windy" Card, Sakura is officially chosen as "Master of the Clow Cards".
- The Sealing Wand changes into the Star Wand.
Season Three (Episodes 47-70)Edit
Sakura and the Mysterious Transfer StudentEdit
Sakura and the Awakened Star KeyEdit
- Sakura is presented with a brand-new mystical key, the Star Key and Wand, in place of the Sealing Wand.
Sakura and the Dangerous PianoEdit
Sakura and the Invisible ThreadsEdit
- Sakura converts "the Sword" into her very own Sakura Card.
Sakura and the Panicky BikeEdit
- The Clow Cards converted into Sakura Cards are:
- The Dash
- The Libra
- The Lock
- The Loop
- The Cloud
- The Change
- The Sand
- The Sweet
- The Wave
- The Windy
Sakura and the Giant Teddy BearEdit
- Syaoran: [staring at Sakura turning bright magenta and his heart beating wildly]
- Sakura: [turns around] Li-kun!
- Syaoran: [turns even redder and runs away] She was just--just standing there and my heart goes. Could it be? The same feelings as I had for him? [Yukito] was the only one that made me feel fuzzy warm and now she... [hops over a fence]
- Yue: You have Clow's blood (Syaoran is Clow's descendant) and confuse that with seeing Yukito. You are only attracted to his power of the moon.
- Syaoran: Power of the moon?
- Yue: Right. If you look deep inside your heart, you will see the one you truely love. Your true feelings.
- Syaoran: True feelings? What about…
- Yue: Figure out the rest on your own [turns back into Yukito]
- Yukito: [looking dazed] How did I get to such a place? Oh *hands Syaoran the bear he made for Sakura* You dropped this. You should give it to the person you made it for.
- Syaoran: [looks at the bear intently]
Sakura's Sheep WarningEdit
Sakura and the Calendar of MemoriesEdit
- Sakura converts "the Flower" Card into a Sakura Card.
Sakura and Sakura in WonderlandEdit
- Sakura converts both "The Little" and "The Big" Cards.
- Sakura: [reading Alice in Wonderland] It would be so great to be in a world like that. [doesn't realize Tomoyo and Syaoran are watching her and that Eriol's approaching]
- Eriol: [gives her a leaf] Use this as a book mark!
- Sakura: Thank you Eriol-kun [smiles]
- Eriol: Ahh, you're reading Alice? I really like that book.
- Sakura: You read it?
- Eriol: A long time ago.
- Sakura: What's England like?
- Eriol: It's rainy and foggy a lot, but I like all the old buildings. Would you like to go to Alice's world?
- Sakura: Hoe?
- Tomoyo: I guess Hiiragizawa-kun means by taking her to Alice's world, taking her to England and meeting his family.
- Syaoran: [fuming and clenching fists]
- Syaoran: [runs to Eriol and Sakura waving his arms wildly] HOMEROOM IS STARTING!
- Tomoyo: [smiling] The situation has upped again.
Sakura, Kero and the Sweet MeetingEdit
- Sakura converts "the Sleep" Card.
Sakura, Syaoran and the ElevatorEdit
- "The Float" Card is converted into a Sakura Card, but is off-screen.
- Sakura: [On the phone with Syaoran] When I fell out of the elevator I heard you call me by my first name, Sakura. It makes me feel as though we've become even closer friends. Can I call you "Syaoran-kun"?
- Syaoran: [blushes] Do what you want. [hangs up phone, looks out the window and smiles]
Sakura and Double TroubleEdit
- Both "the Bubble" and "the Shield" Cards are converted into Sakura Cards.
Sakura, Tomoyo and the Ball TrapEdit
- Sakura converts "the Shadow" into a Sakura Card.
- Syaoran: Sakura?
- Sakura: Yes?
- Syaoran: [taking off his hat and blushing] I... think I... you... lik... like...(Ore wa... omae ga... omae ga... suk... suk...)
- Kero: Sakura! Come pose with me!
- Syaoran: [crushes his hat and sighs]
Sakura and Her Precious FriendEdit
Sakura, the Cards and a PresentEdit
Sakura and the Mysterious FortuneEdit
Sakura, the Pool and a Huge WaveEdit
Sakura and the Snow-Blowing Ski ClassEdit
- Sakura converts "the Time" Card into a Sakura Card.
- Syaoran: [looking at the fire and thinking of Sakura; sighs] Sakura...
- Sakura: [appearing behind him] What?
- Syaoran: [freaks out inside, but remains calm on the outside] What?
- Sakura: I thought I heard you call my name.[Sakura and Syaoran are sitting by the fire. Earlier, Sakura was scared of Eriol's ghost story, so Syaoran stopped him with the excuse that it was too late.]
- Sakura: ありがとうございます。 Arigatou Gozaimasu.(Thank you for today.)
- Syaoran: It was nothing.
- Sakura: [giggles] You always say "It was nothing" but that's not true because you really are very kind.
- Syaoran: [blushing] Why do you say that?
- Sakura: Oh look! It's snowing!
- [Sakura runs outside and Syaoran watches her dancing in the snow, blushing like a madman]
Sakura, Yukito and the Vanishing PowerEdit
- Sakura (in tears): I'm so sorry. Because my magical powers weren't strong enough, you you and Yukito were going to disappear. I'm sorry.
- Yue: The Clow Cards and their Guardians were created by Clow Reed, an extremely powerful magician. It's understandable that you, a child, cannot support all of it.
Sakura's Most Beloved PersonEdit
- "The Maze" and "the Illusion" Cards become Sakura Cards.
- Syaoran: [blushing heavily] I'll walk you home
- Sakura: Thank you, but can you do me a favor?
- Syaoran: What?
- Sakura: Let's go to the park. [in the park]
- Sakura: Today, I told Yukito-san that I loved him.
- Syaoran: Oh..d-did you?
- Sakura: [nods] But he said that one I love most wasn't him.
- Syaoran: Eh?
- Sakura: He said I loved him like I loved my father, but there's someone he loves not like a father. And I'm happy because I love this person too. Tomoyo even said the greatest happiness is when the one you love is happy. And for me, I'm happy knowing Yukito-san will be happy.
- Syaoran: [eyes widen]
- Sakura: [with tears in her eyes] But for some reason, I can't help but cry. I don't want to cry in front of Yukito-san, because I'm sure it would make him feel bad. I understand what he was saying I really do. [bursts into tears]
- Syaoran: [fights with himself mentally, gets off the swing and interrupts]
- Syaoran: I know. [hands her a handkerchief] I understand. [smiles]
- Sakura: [takes handkerchief] Thank you. [faces Syaoran and then puts her head on his shoulder] Yukito-san said that someday I'll find someone who I love the most, and he will love me the most too. [tears drip from her face]
- Syaoran: [looks sad for a moment then smiles] It would be nice if you could find him.
- Sakura: [nods]
- Syaoran: [closes his eyes and puts his arms around Sakura, whispering] Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find him.
- Sakura: [sobbing] Thank you.
Sakura and the Tsukimine ShrineEdit
- Sakura converts "the Thunder" and "the Glow" Cards.
- Tomoyo: It's Sakura, isn't it?
- Sayoran: It's "the Glow" card.
Sakura, the Past and Clow ReedEdit
- Sakura converts "the Return" card into a Sakura Card.
- Yue: Explain yourself!
- Clow Reed: Just what I said, Yue. Today, I will leave this world.
- Keroberos: That is not a joke I can laugh at.
- Clow Reed: Unfortunately, it is no joke.
- Yue: But why!!?
- Clow Reed: My time has come.
- Keroberos: Your time? But you are the world's most powerful sorcerer. You made us, you made the Clow Cards.
- Clow Reed: Nevertheless, the end must come for all living beings.
Sakura Meets Clow ReedEdit
- The remaining Clow Cards transformed into Sakura Cards are:
- The Arrow
- The Dark
- The Earthy
- The Fight
- The Light
- The Shot
- The Storm
- The Silent
- The Twin
- The Through
- Sakura succeeds in converting the Light, the Dark, the Storm, the Earthy, the Silent, the Arrow, the Fight, the Shot, the Cloud, and the Rain, therefore having transformed all fifty-two Clow Cards into her very own Sakura Cards.
- Syaoran finally confesses his true romantic affections to Sakura.
- Eriol: My name in this life is Eriol. In my previous life, I was known as...Clow Reed.
- Kero: Clow is dead! Both Yue and I were there when he passed away!!
- Sakura: Just like in my dream. And that staff.
- Keroberos: Yes, that's the staff Clow used.
- Yue: Clow.
- Eriol: It's so good to see you again, Yue.
- Yue: There was a time when I was forced back into Yukito against my will. Was it you, Clow?
- Eriol: I couldn't risk you knowing I was still around.
- Yue: If you were going to be reborn, why force Keroberos and I to choose a new master?
- Ruby Moon: After going through all that trouble to receive Toya's magical powers, you're still no match for me. So there must be a difference in the masters' powers, after all.
- Keroberos: It's not Sakura's fault! I just been caught off guard. I'm dead serious this time!! Prepare yourselves!!
Sakura and Her True FeelingsEdit
- This series finale is followed by the second feature film The Sealed Card.
- Sakura: [walking home and sees Syaoran on the bridge] Syaoran-kun...
- Syaoran: [not looking at her and squeezing his hand in nervousness] I wanted to say... when I first came to Japan, my head was so filled with fulfilling my mission and catching the Clow Cards. I didn't care who got in my way. But you, you always cared about the people around you and it showed. I did nothing but get in your way.
- Sakura: That's not true! You helped me so much when we were catching the cards!
- Syaoran: Well, that's what I wanted to say. Thank you, it's truly a good thing that I met you. :[runs away]
- Sakura: Wait Syaoran-kun... I don't know how I feel about you...
- Sakura: Syaoran-kun!
- Syaoran: But why... [his butler approaches with the teddy bear]
- Sakura: 私。。 Watashi... (I..) [Both Sakura and Syaoran blush]
- Wei: Syaoran-sama... Take this. [giving Syaoran his teddy bear that Syaoran left on his room]
- Sakura: That bear... Can I have it?
- Sakura: また会えるね？ Mata aeru, ne? (We'll meet again, right?)
Feature Films (2002-2005)Edit
- Li Syaoran used only 'the Freeze" and "the Storm" cards.
- The Clow Cards used by Sakura are:
- The Arrow (captured and used for the first time)
- The Fly
- The Windy
- The Jump
- The Sword
- Clow Cards used by Li Syaoran are:
- The Freeze
- The Storm
- Suyong: Where is Clow Reed!!? Answer me!! ANSWER ME!!
- Sakura: FLY!
- Suyong: A Clow Card? Tell me where did you get a Clow Card!!?
- The sealed Nothing Card merges with the nameless Sakura Card to become "the Hope" whose mystical properties remain to be seen.
- Sakura Cards used were:
- The Create (on videotape)
- The Fly
- The Jump
- The Sword (on videotape)
- The Shield
- The Time
- The Watery (videotape)
- The Windy
- The Wood
- The Clow Card successfully converted into a Sakura Card:
- The Nothing (merged together with "the Nameless" Card to form "the Hope")
- This feature film is followed by the Clear Card saga, which is also considered to be the fourth season in the Cardcaptor Sakura anime series.
- The Nothing Card: I have been all alone; sealed away in a dark, cold place. I finally have my friends back! Why are interfering!?
- Sakura: That's not how you make friends!! Forcibly making them yours doesn't make them your friends!! It's not right! It's not!!
- (All 52 Sakura Cards appear around NOTHING)
- The Nothing: Why are you all abandoning me? Is that you hate me? Are we never going to be friends?
- (Cries, as the Cards' create a path for their young master to reach her)
- Sakura: It's all right. Come and join everyone else.
- The Nothing Card: You mean, I'll no longer be alone?
- Sakura: No. They're all saying that they want you to come.
- The Hope Card: Don't cry. It's all right.
About Cardcaptor SakuraEdit
- It’s common in girls’ manga for a character to transform, as Sailor Moon and her fellow Sailor Guardians do, and we wanted to incorporate that into ‘Sakura. But many of them always wear the same outfit, so we wanted to add a twist. We feel it’s pretty sad for a girl to wear the same outfit all the time
- Ageha Ohkawa, Four Mothers of Manga Gain American Fans With Expertise in a Variety of Visual Styles, The New York Times, November 28, 2006.
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (Episodes 71-93)Edit
Sakura and the Two BearsEdit
- This takes place one year after the events of The Sealed Card movie.
- A prologue to the new anime series.
Sakura and the Clear CardsEdit
- Sakura: [holding her staff key] It's been a while since I've ever had to use this. I think... it's better this way.
Sakura and the Room with No ExitEdit
Sakura's Heavy Rain AlertEdit
Sakura and the Lovely Transfer StudentEdit
Sakura Feels a Pull at the Flower ViewingEdit
Sakura, the Rabbit and the Song of the MoonEdit
Sakura and a Game of Tag in the GardenEdit
Sakura, a Clock and a Hide-and-Seek GameEdit
Sakura's Thrilling Aquarium VisitEdit
- Sakura: I didn't realize jellyfish were this pretty.
- Syaoran: They are. But they're dangerous too. You have to be careful in the ocean.
- Sakura: Do you know a lot about jellyfish, Syaoran?
- Syaoran: No, but I was just remembering how Meiling got stung by one once.
- Sakura: She was okay, though?
- Syaoran: It wasn't really that serious, but she did cry a lot.
- Sakura: Poor Meiling. I'd hate to think of her being in so much pain.
- Syaoran: Honestly, I think she was crying in anger rather than pain.
Sakura and the Sleeping LabyrinthEdit
Sakura and the Upside-down PenguinEdit
Sakura and the Ball Tournament of IceEdit
Sakura and Meiling's ReturnEdit
- Meiling: I'm sure there's a lot he needs to learn to be the next head of the family and a lot of things he'll have to remember.
- Meiling: (In Cantonese) When you both are so important to each other, it's not easy.
- Sakura: Meiling! It's the real you!
- Meiling: Is there a fake me?
- Sakura: Uh uh. But normally, you send me pictures and you pop up in my dreams every once in a while, so kinda?
- Meiling: Well, whatever. But you'll have to tell me about those dreams of yours.
Sakura, the Shrine and the ZooEdit
Meiling: I guess birds of a feather really do flock together.
Sakura's Nostalgic Viewing PartyEdit
Sakura and Meiling's FriendEdit
- Meiling: (to Syaoran) If anything happens to you, you know who'll be hurt the most. And if you make her cry, you'll regret it.
Sakura and the Crazy SweetsEdit
Sakura and the Fire and Water BirdsEdit
- Kero: Now we know these Cards have elemental counterparts- water, wind, fire and earth.
Sakura and Akiho's LullabyEdit
- Syaoran's four older sisters, who debuted in the original show's first movie, appear here.
- Keroberos: The only magicians powerful enough to show the past were Clow, and three others.
- Yue: She inherited the Cards from a descendant of Clow Reed, and then transformed them into her own Cards. Now she's still...
- Keroberos: I knew her magic was getting so much stronger, but this strong? Sakura's powers have become significantly strong.Her power is immense indeed. We need to contact Eriol.
- Yue: No matter what it takes.
Sakura, Rainbows and GrandpaEdit
- Momo: She's starting to synchronize.
- Kaito: Yes. She must have had the same dream as the Cards' maker.
- Momo: And the contents of the book?
- Kaito: Progressing nicely.
- Momo: The power of the dream is progressing, but isn't it a bit sooner than expected?
- Kaito: The sooner the better. Her protectors have noticed and have already begun to move.
- Eriol: It is good to see you again, Keroberos, Yue.
- Keroberos: You wouldn't respond, so we had to come.
- Eriol: Tue.
- Keroberos: We might not look it, but we're really ticked off right now.
- Eriol: Hmm. I know. It's as plain as the look on Yue's face.
- Keroberos: Since you used that magic circle to summon us...
- Yue: Does that mean you are finally prepared to talk to us?
- Eriol: Indeed.
- Yue: Then explain everything. Tell us what is happening to our master.
- Eriol: The one thing I have most feared is becoming reality.
Sakura, the Mirror and the Key of MemoriesEdit
- Sakura secures the Mirror Card of her new collection of Clear Cards.
- Kero: Akiho's butler may be a magician?
- Eriol: The house they live in was currently torn down and replaced with an amusement park.
- Kero: Amusement park? Then how does the same house stand now?
- Eriol: That location is perfect for storing objects that possess great power. Is shape is ideal, as well.
- Kero: Did some magician make it that way?
- Eriol: Most likely.
- Yue: Have you contacted that magic association?
- Eriol: Yes, although they didn't give much of a response. But I did learn one thing.
- Yue: What?
- Eriol: Exactly one year ago, Yuna D. Kaito was excommunicated.
- Kero: From the association? But, if you have very strong magic and do whatever the association asks, they'll overlook anything. What did he do to get excommunicated?
- Eriol: It seems he had lost an ancient relic of great power that was never to be removed from the association.
- Kero: Lost it? What kind of klutz is he?
- Eriol: That was not the official cause. The rumor is that he simply took the relic and left.
- Yue: Is that even allowed?
- Eriol: They would never allow it. They cannot compel him to return it.
- Yue: Why not?
- Eriol: Because no one can ever defeat a magician with the "D" title. The association was hiding that relic, so it must be forbidden. The association can do nothing because they fear both his magic, and the chance that he will use it.
- Yue: Just what kind of power does this relic possess? Is is that powerful?
- Eriol: If you mean it is far more powerful than I, at this very moment, then yes. The Li family had tried to discover the true extent of his magic, but could not.
- Kero: Even the kid's mother was unable to?
- Yue: Our master. What of our master?
- Eriol: Sakura does not rely on objects made by others, nor is she aware when she creates the Cards' that embody her magic. In other worlds, she has created her very own magical items.
- Kero: So the ability to show events from the past is Sakura's own?
- Yue: Why not tell us?
- Eriol: Sakura's magic is very strong, but it still chaotic. She cannot control it at all. Also, I do not know what this Yuna D. Kaito is after. It probably has something to do with Sakura's new cards.
- (Sees that the sun-and-moon on top of his mystic staff has cracked)
- Eriol: He is quite a powerful enemy, Sakura.
- (Having utilized his purple-colored magic circle to sever the connection between Kero, Yue and Eriol)
- Kaito: I expected no less from Eriol. No wonder they say he is the most powerful of magicians living. The watch that has not even been scratched, all this time, has cracked. Still, I will attain these new Cards. So I can use the relic I had taken from the association, to activate that magic spell.
- Momo (to herself): Using whatever means to achieve your goal is fine. However, don't lose sight of what is important, Kaito.
- Sakura: Since it's a mirror, I thought it could reflect magic, too. I'm glad it worked!
- Syaoran (thinking): It worked because your magic is getting just that strong, even though that's not what you want. Mother and Eriol said the same thing:
- "Great power will bring great unhappiness to its possessor".
- Sakura: Syaoran?
- Syaoran: I'll never let you be unhappy. I swear it. Never.
Sakura's Clear CardsEdit
- This so-called "finale" to the second anime series ends on a cliffhanger.
- The only Sakura Card that is seen is "the Hope"