Captain Kidd (film)
1945 film by Rowland V. Lee
Roaring Seas! Flaming Hearts! Riotous Adventure! (taglines)
- Capt. William Kidd: Stab me, there's a pretty sight!
- Orange Povey: It'll be prettier still when the fire reaches the magazine, Captain.
- Cyprian Boyle: Pity though. Lots of stout seamen among 'em. They've been with us a long time.
- Capt. William Kidd: We can none of us live forever, Mr. Boyle. Dead men don't talk.
- Capt. William Kidd: There's none would be so loyal, nor fight so desperate, as cutthroats under sentence of death... if they knew that at the end of the voyage a royal pardon would be in their pockets.
- King William III: I shall hold you responsible for their good conduct.
- Capt. William Kidd: Between their conduct and mine, your majesty, there will be little to choose.
- King William III: Captain Kidd is dead, my Lord Blayne. His account is closed. Now in what manner can I atone for the injustice I worked upon your father? Off with you, First Sea Lord. What do you suggest?
- First Sea Lord: We've a fine frigate of 50 guns commissioned for American waters that we thought of naming the Lady Anne.
- King William III: It should be a wedding gift to you from the crown for your loyalty and service to King and Country.
- Adventure on the high seas!
- Roaring Seas! Flaming Hearts! Riotous Adventure!
- Charles Laughton — Capt. William Kidd
- Randolph Scott — Adam Mercy
- Barbara Britton — Lady Anne Dunstan
- John Carradine — Orange Povey
- Gilbert Roland — Jose Lorenzo
- John Qualen — Bartholomew Blivens
- Sheldon Leonard — Cyprian Boyle
- William Farnum — Capt. Rawson
- Henry Daniell — King William III
- Reginald Owen — Cary Shadwell
- Abner Biberman — Theodore Blades
- Harry Cording — Newgate Prison Warder
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|