Candy (2006 film)
Candy is a 2006 film about a poet who falls in love with an art student who gravitates to his bohemian lifestyle — and his love of heroin. Hooked as much on one another as they are on the drug, their relationship alternates between states of oblivion, self-destruction, and despair.
- Directed by Neil Armfield. Written by Neil Armfield, based on the novel Candy: A Novel of Love and Addiction by Luke Davies.
- [when Dan asks if she had sex with another man] Firstly, you don't know what you're talking about. Secondly, I hate the sound of your voice. Thirdly, why don't you just fuck off?
- He was handsome, and a very good criminal.
- It was hot, the wax was melting off the trees.
- When I first met Candy, those were like the days of "juice" when everything was bountiful.
- I wasn't trying to wreck Candy's life. I was trying to make mine better.
- The future was a thing that gleamed, the present was so very very good...
- We had a lot going for us. We'd found the secret glue that held all things together. In a perfect place, where the noise did not intrude, our world was so very complete.
- They say for every ten years you've been a junkie, you'll have spent seven of them waiting. On the one hand it anxiety was a full time job.
- Everything we ever did, we did with the best of intentions. But events tumbled and the years piled up. The world is very b think; I couldn't breathe. I was waiting for her to come back because she was everything. She was everything to me.
- When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't.
- Casper: This is Jorge. Very limited English, but very large penis! Isn't that right Jorge?
- Jorge: [shrugs] ... okay.
- Dan: What if that was it?
- Candy: That was what?
- Dan: The last shot.
- Candy: I wouldn't care...
- [After Dan and Candy take Methadone]
- Woman: Is that the flu vaccine?
- Pharmacist: It's medicine.
- Candy: It's leading us not into temptation.
- More is never enough.
- Candy Is Dandy But Sex Won't Rot Your Teeth.