Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
1974 film by Sam Peckinpah
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia is a 1974 film about an American bartender and his prostitute girlfriend who go on a road trip through the Mexican underworld to collect a $1 million bounty on the head of a dead gigolo.
- Directed by Sam Peckinpah. Written by Sam Peckinpah and Gordon Dawson.
Why is his head worth one million dollars and the lives of 21 people? (taglines)
- [as he keeps shooting a man he has already killed] Why? Because it feels so goddamn good!
- Listen. The church cuts off the feet, fingers, any other goddamn thing from the saints, don't they? Well, what the hell? Alfredo's our saint. He's the saint of our money, and I'm gonna borrow a piece of him.
- I've been no place I wanna go back to, that's for damn sure.
- I can smell shit 100 miles away... sometimes closer.
- There ain't nothing sacred about a hole in the ground or the man that's in it. Or you. Or me.
- Don't you look at me with your Goddamn fucking eyes!
- A double bourbon with a champagne back, none of your tijano bullshit, and fuck off.
- I've killed people... and worse, a whole lot worse.
- You ought to be drunk in Fresno, California. This place is a palace.
- I've been down this road before, and you don't know the way.
- I will pay one million dollars. Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia!
- Bennie: [after a shootout] Am I still gonna get paid?
- Sappensly: [pulling out a gun] Yeah, you'll get paid.
- Bennie: Hell, I wasn't trying to hit them, you know.
- Elita: I know you weren't.
- Bennie: I used to shoot a lot of pistols when I was in the army.
- Elita: You're a nice gringo. You didn't have a thing to do in the army anyways.
- Bennie: You'd be surprised, honey.
- Why is his head worth one million dollars and the lives of 21 people?
- It's got guts.