Bright Lights, Big City (film)
1988 film by James Bridges
Bright Lights, Big City is a 1988 American drama film about a disillusioned young writer living in New York City who turns to drugs and drinking to block out the memories of his dead mother and estranged wife.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There's a certain shabby nobility in failing all by myself.
- [voice over] You are not the kind of guy who would be at a place like this at this time of the morning and, though the details are fuzzy. You cannot say that the terrain is entirely unfamiliar.
- [reads paper in typewriter] Yeah! "Dead Amanda"! I told you, you get more nookie than you can shake a fucking stick at if you just told people your wife was dead.
- [rambling on aimlessly to himself] ...Siamese fighting fish in the water cooler... the old crew in the golden days of this magazine would have thought of it.
- Ferret Man: Want to buy a ferret?
- Jamie: No, thanks.
- Ferret Man: His name is Fred...